VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Approaching The Tour
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:47 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
Are some of these arenas not 'flexible' in that they have to put a back curtain in and section the area off according to ticket sales?

J.O'B.

Cher J.O’B
Maybe but it won’t alter the economic equation.
Whoever agreed to these venues has clearly been smoking something.
They are cavernous, soulless environments that are I’ll suited to both the band and their audience.
W2 will be at London’s O2 but it’s more out of a sense of duty than genuine excitement.
Quel Bordel !
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 pm 

I've been scrolling through the USTour venue websites and it doesn't appear that there has been a big surge in ticket sales as August begins, but it does look like enough tix have been sold via "dynamic pricing" (i.e. they ain't cheap!) to have make the tour economically viable.

I don't think the promoter will be super happy about the number of tix sold, but it won't be a disaster methinks. New York and LA apparently have sold well, which helps balance out the the relatively light sales at other venues.

Given all the time and effort necessary to assemble and rehearse a touring band, it seems strange that there isn't a "Continental Europe" component of the tour set to go after the three Britain gigs. Weird that they'll be playing in Dallas but not Paris, or Munich, or Berlin, or Amsterdam, or Vienna, or Milan...

Or what about a 6-8 gig Japan tour combined with OZ and NZ? It just seems odd for the tour to seem so truncated...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:17 pm 

Boston sold out (-true?):

https://www.ticketmaster.com/roxy-music ... 74BFDF5B19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:29 am 

This seems odd, because my recollection is that a few days ago there were plenty of Tix available for the Boston gig.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:17 am 

Must be a bug in the Ticketmaster site, Boston is not even 40% sold. The "best" of the US dates is NYC which looks to be maybe 60% sold. Promoter of this might want to do some promoting, soon. Hate to say it but this U.S.tour appears to be one last cash grab, with little to no effort being put in by anyone, band, promoter, etc. Hopefully the effort is going into the rehearsals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 am 

I have tickets for both Boston and New York. I have to say I was skeptical about Roxy playing such large arenas in the States. The whole tour seems to be ill-conceived. I hesitate to make plans to go to New York for fear the shows will be cancelled. But the prospect of seeing the band in a half-empty cavern is not something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:38 pm 

As I wrote here in the forum a few weeks ago: as far as ticket sales in the United States are concerned, it's a disaster.
I can only imagine to a limited extent that the band will enjoy playing in front of half-empty stands...
A short tour of Europe would have made more sense like the Stones are doing at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:41 am 

Phil said in the Video at 20:55 minutes: only old stuff, nothing new by the tour.

But he plays on Bryans new stuff 25:48 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHk_hq68PFE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:58 pm 

PM has a weary, resigned tone when talking about the 2005/06 Roxy recordings. He wants to downplay them, but does acknowledge that the "record company" was not happy about the decision to not complete/release them.

When discussing his recent contribution to some BF track(s) PM also offers some sardonic commentary that BF may just "rub them out" in whatever final mix might be concocted. He doesn't seem very enthused about this recent collaboration with BF. It's almost as though he expects that they will be "rubbed out."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:05 pm 

The Philly gig has been moved to a smaller venue
Same date - Sept 15

https://manncenter.org/events/2022-09-15/roxy-music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next