VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy missing Roxy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:21 pm 

You may have noticed the recent absence from these hallowed halls of our archivist supreme, Roxy, and I'm sorry to report that it is due to ill health.

Just before the UK leg of the 50th Anniversary Tour she was informed that the cause of the problems that she'd been experiencing with her vision was a tumour on her brain. Although benign, it still required surgery; trooper that she is, she did not share this with us until some while after tour end.

Surgery took place a fortnight ago and the road to full recovery is underway, but it will be some time before Roxy's typing fingers are back to their nimble peak. In the short term her husband Billy is keen to steer as much motivation and mental stimulation her way as possible.

If, therefore, her friends would like to post messages in this thread, Billy can read them to Roxy to remind her how much she is missed here.

All contributions gratefully received; news, gossip or memories relating to the band will be just as welcome as get well greetings, I feel sure.

Thanks, everyone; over to you!

Post subject: Re: Roxy missing Roxy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:38 am 

Get well soon Roxy. Looking forward to you posting again

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 am 

Get well soon, Roxy. It sounds as though you're in the very best of hands both medically and domestically so I hope it'll be a swift recovery. If our hero gets his act together who knows - there may be a new album and tour to welcome you. Take good care.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:54 pm 

I always come back to Roxy Music.
Someone on Twitter has been running a #RoxyMusicAnthology. Post 4 favourite tracks from each album each day using the hashtag.
Day 4 (today) is Country Life. As great now as it was then,… the exercise enables you to time travel.
And I’ve been listening to Ferry live a lot recently, picking up the Albert Hall double disc yesterday . (For the second time as I gave my original copy away end of last year. )
Now here’s a thought , suppose Ferry did another solo tour and was not permitted to perform Roxy Music tracks, what would be the last 2 tracks of the show and all of the encore ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:29 pm 
Site Owner

You beat me to it Gary.

I had a short chat with Billy last night and had an update.

We are all rooting for her and looking forward to seeing her lost here again. Our thoughts are with her and of course for Billy and her sons who are giving her all the love, care and attention she deserves.

X
J O'B.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:51 pm 

Cher Roxy,
Please accept my very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
The best antidote for most maladies is dawn to dusk Ferry but I know you don’t need any encouragement in that direction.
Just be careful to skip ‘Is Your Love Strong Enough’ !
All the very best and get well soon.
Warmest of Regards,
W2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:44 pm 

Dear Roxy
I'm looking forward to seeing your comments and thoughts in the near future. Your presence on this forum is much missed.
Due to caring commitments, I wasn't able to attend any of the tour this year .Like yourself, I'm hoping for a blu-ray/dvd release of the 50th anniversary tour.
We are all thinking of you and await your return.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:01 pm 

Dear Roxy

It sounds as though you are in the very best of hands and I look forward to seeing you back here again before too long. Fifty years of wonderful Roxy and Ferry solo music should be just the tonic to enjoy while you recover. As others have said let's hope there is something new to enjoy as well. Get well soon!

Very best wishes to you
Richard aka true2life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:37 pm 

Dear Roxy,

when I read Smudge's post I was very concerned and wanted to answer instantly. But to be honest: At first I had to sort my thoughts and words.

But now I hope you don't lose courage in your recovery (which surely goes up and down from day to day) and your reliance on the treating physicians.

I was relieved to hear that your husband and your friends take good care of you and I am really looking forward to a post from you that tells us VRM-members: "Roxy is back !" - with all her interesting thoughts, stories and memories of the Roxy history.

Take care of yourself!

- Peter aka pianoman from Germany -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:49 pm 

Roxy and Billy,

I send you both my best wishes and hope for a positive outcome for you both, which I'm sure will be the case.

From my own experience in 2021/2022 when my own partner was seriously ill, the best advice I can give you is to take one day at a time and not to put too much pressure on yourselves. Also, although it can be well meaning, please don't let others pressure you into "getting back to normal" soon. In many ways the recovery process really begins after leaving hospital. In the early days small steps are a real positive and eventually all of those small steps add up to something special. So I wish you both well.

PS It took my partner about 9 months after leaving hospital to recover from her illness. It was a slow start, but towards the end of that period things seemed to come together pretty quickly. I'm sure it will for you both too!