VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paul's "Your Applications Failed".
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:31 pm 

I may be a bit late with this, but maybe not. You Tube. Someone has added a rather bizarre clip to compliment the track. I don't do the "follow this link thing" however, my knowledge of the flooring trade is fully comprehensive, to compensate. This is fun. Could someone sort out a link to the clip, and I'll see what I can do for you with the Amtico.

On first veiwing, the clip needs digesting, but I'm sure there is a connection? :shock: Wait for the credits at the end. A Song For Europe? Mes amis.

Let Paul know as well, someone.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Paul's "Your Applications Failed".
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:04 pm 

SB, is this the one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5jtz2J3ao

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 am 

So, where are you looking to get the Amtico? That's the one. I was at a wedding last night (I tried to talk her out of it, but she went ahead with it) and I was telling mum about this clip and I said to mum, Agnes, I bet you 10 pence, by the time I wake up in the morning, Smudge will have posted a link to the clip. And as sure as God is in Carluke, you have. I thank you.

What do you think of it?

B.T.W. Jumped onto Spurs yesterday after 76 mins at 0-0. 3/1 with Willie Hill. £30. Gareth Bale gets my vote as well. :D

Hope you are well. x

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 am 

SB, glad you benefitted from Spurs snoozing the afternoon away until it was almost (although, mercifully, not quite) too late. We must hope that our current tendency to "steal" points continues at Chelsea on Wed... ;)

As for the Youtube clip, the film reminded me of the Green Hornet programme from the 60s, but what connection it's supposed to have with YAF is rather lost on me, I'm afraid. Still, nice to hear the music get a wider airing (even if TGPT won't make any money out of it...).

Don't know if anyone can confirm this, but I read somewhere that composer royalties for 45rpm singles were split equally between the writers of side A & side B? If so, TGPT would at least have garnered 50% of the composer royalties generated by worldwide sales of All I Want Is You back in '74...

If true, then I guess Andy would have similarly benefitted from The Pride And The Pain (re. Pyjamarama sales) & Phil from Hula Kula (ditto Street Life)...

(I think this info stemmed from the suggestion that Queen drummer Roger Taylor became a rich man by writing a forgettable B side to Bohemian Rhapsody...)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 am 

"I´m in love with my car" is not forgetable at all, brilliant song! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:15 pm 

Re-Y.A.F. I always hoped that somewhere along the line it would have been included in a set, a-la (it's all French at once) Tara. For me, Roxy are in full flight here and I draw a comparison between this and Seranade, also Paul's song, in my mind.

What do you call a French taxi driver? Putma Metreon, the former president's wee cousin. Always wondered as well what was French for cul-de-sac.

Une production de Gerry Ferry, avec love.

C'est-la-vie.

dans Away. x

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 pm 

Andy would also have benefitted from The Numberer/Virginia Plain. Saw the match, Smudge. You must be chuffed, but from a Chelsea supporters perspective - blah...