VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Way To Continue For Roxy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm 

I think it's taken as read that BF won't revive Roxy in the studio but we do have that great body of work.

Other groups continued with various degrees of success such as Genesis, Queen, Fleetwood Mac - the last two are still going.

The other members of Roxy are supremely talented and still working - all they need is a good singer/lyricist and perhaps even Eno!

What do you think? :idea:

Post subject: Re: A Way To Continue For Roxy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm 

I'd work with other RM members

John Monkman likes my song Leopard Spot Thunder - crank it
http://soundcloud.com/erlandrocks/leopard-spot-thunder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm 

:o Bravo Erland -Roxy have their new singer!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm 

thanks alot whirlwind! very much appreciated!

could it happen to me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 pm 

Don't think BF would allow Roxy to exist without his involvement, if the others carried on it would have to be under another name. Also with TGPT in BF'S employment at present and Andy needing some cranking up to perform that really just leaves Phil. And without BF's profile I really think they would have trouble attracting an audience, Roxy and Ferry really do need each other if only a certain someone would see it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:24 am 

Phil and Andy tried it with The Explorers back in the 80s and it just didn't sound right. Looked good on paper and but the reality fell considerably short of expectations.

If Andy had wanted to, he could have put a lot more energy into touring the Metaphors around the hip clubs and small concert halls of Britain and Europe. But he doesn't look all that healthy and I presume he just didn't want to take on the headaches of touring and working to build an audience.

A few years ago Phil seemed interested in establishing a presence as a club act - Remember the Ronnie Scott engagement in London? Where he jammed with David Gilmour on the final night? And where a live album was supposed to to be produced? Whatever happened to that project??? Wake up Phil!!!

Ten years ago there were a lot more possibilities for the Roxy crew. But now most are well past 60 years old (BF will be 67 next month) and light slowly dims. Sadly, BF wants to keep going but all those years of cigarette smoking have taken a toll on the vocal chords and what he wants and what he can achieve are on diverging paths...

Jeepers, this is a depressing topic...

As fans, it seems we're left with little to do but debate whether the "flat transfer" is better/worse than the 1999 remaster, and whether the box set has crummy graphics, and whether a gatefold is appropriate for a album that originally didn't have a gatefold, and whether the original inner sleeves should have been included, or whether we are truly trapped in a bizarro world where such things seem to matter. Sigh.

It's been along hot summer and maybe things will get fun when the fall finally arrives. Hope springs eternal...