VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toronto Sun article...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:20 pm 

Here's a link to a Toronto Sun "interview" with BF that was ostensibly prompted by the release of the Roxy boxset. Nothing of overwhelming interest is offered, but BF does seem to have completed eliminated from his mind that Roxy did a fair amount of recording in the studio back in '05-'06. It's like it never happened at all. And he seems content to be in a studio environment where he is in total control of the creative process. Yes he collaborates, but only in a context where he is in control.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/04/br ... highlights

Post subject: Re: Toronto Sun article...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:35 pm 

I think working within a band format is something BF has no interest in and is probably the reason there will be no more Roxy recording, he likes to work with lots of musicians layering stuff to the point that yoy don't know who's played what. Recording a Roxy album with a handful of people would be too restricting for him, in any case Roxy had already ceased to function as a "band" even when they reformed in 1978 so would the stuff recorded in '05 and '06 have had more than the original five members?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:02 pm 

I've always thought that the sound of the 05/06 Roxy recordings could have reflected much of the sound of Phil's 6PM album released in 2004. TGPT, Andy,and Eno played on 6PM (along with others as well) and it didn't require huge layerings of sound they way the Olympia (where, if i recall correctly, there are tracks with 4 drummers credited!)

Imagine BF singing the vocal track to 6PM's "Broken Dreams" and you have a darn good Roxy tune!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 pm 

DCJ, this article was posted already over at BF.

Ok, so Bryan's a control freak, which as we all know is a sign of insecurity. We all have our issues.

I try not to look too deep in the psyche of an artist, I just look at what they've done and enjoy.