VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Andy Murray
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm 

Over in Manhatten, we have a young guy, athlete of the extreme, possibly about to win his first grand slam. I have always kept my cards close, however, approx 12 years ago, got a phone call from a friend of a friend. To cut a long story, we headed up the 45 miles to Dunblane, put down Judy's floors, got well furnished with all sorts of tea and toast. Andy was there. Jamie wasn't. I am the best part of 6'4". and i found myself looking up to him, Great guy. Dead pan sense of humour. Anyway, here is the Roxy connection. Judy Murray loves Bryan Ferry.

I think andy's time has come. If he wins, I will walk the 38 miles miles along the M8 that seperate Glasgow from Embra to give coco the poster I promised her. xx

Post subject: Re: Andy Murray
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 pm 
Site Owner

I had a strange one last week re Andy Murray. I was to meet a Gordon Murray later that day with 2 of my engineers and I was telling them that the first engineer I ever worked with and taught me was a Gordon Murray too who was Andy's uncle. I also knew Andy's other uncle and auntie form the Murray side. I was thinking the engineers didn't believe me.

We went to this meeting and this Gordon Murray that I met was the spitting image of the Gordon I worked with almost 30 years ago. It turned out to be his son and therefore Andy's cousin.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm 

"Never hurry a Murray, they're too good to hurry" :D

Some of you will be old enough to remember that one :lol:

Quote:
I think andy's time has come. If he wins, I will walk the 38 miles miles along the M8 that seperate Glasgow from Embra to give coco the poster I promised her. xx

When is the last time you walked to Edinburgh.................it's at least 50 miles these days!! :P

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 pm 

You are right. Don't blame me, blame the irish girl i have tuned the sat nav into. I stand by her though. It's hillarious when she talks a dirty joke someone has texted. It's more often than not, you. That's my caticism right oot the windae.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 am 

Enjoy the walk, Gerry! ;) Maybe Roxy will have a foot spa ready to greet you!

Post subject: Walk A Mile In My Shoes.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 am 

Indeed! Round these parts, a bet is a bet, a promise is a promise. Firstly, well done Andy. lasted the first four sets, fell over before the end of the fifth.

I will do the walk October time. Seriously. Have been pining for her and Billy for months.

Before then. I will be hosting a friend from up north, who is coming down to see probably the greatest football team ever to grace a field. European cup winners, multi title winning, swashbuckling exponent's of the great game of football. And Barcelona will be there as well.

Roxy Music... True To Life. xx