VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy & BF memorabilia to go
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 am 

I've got a few unwanted or duplicate items and I'd prefer to plug a gap or two in VRM members' collections, if possible, before considering listing on eBay.

Everything would be dirt cheap and some would be freebies; we'd have to come to an agreement over postage/shipping costs, especially for anything sent outside the UK. An ideal solution might be exchange for other items (e.g. live CD-Rs), so that no money needs to change hands.

Anyway, just e-mail me on- or off-line if anything grabs you or if you need more info. Thanks.

CDs & DVD
(1) Several Eno ambient: (i) Music For Airports; (ii) On Land; (iii) Apollo; (iv) Thursday Afternoon.

(2) BF CD singles in marked condition: (i) Mamouna +3; (ii) Your Painted Smile + 3.

(3) BF CD single box - The Archive & Live Collection. Contains disc 1 (I Put A Spell On You + 3) and box room for discs 2 & 3 which were released subsequently; box is in excellent condition, but the wrap-around paper band has a couple of small creases and tears.

(4) BF & Roxy bootleg - Live USA. Silver disc (not CD-R) featuring 4 Roxy tracks from '75 Siren tour (incl. She Sells & Whirlwind; I think these 4 tracks were originally broadcast on US radio) & 10 BF tracks from '77 In Your Mind tour (possibly from the Bottom Line).

(5) BF on compilation CDs: (i) Twentieth Century Blues: The Songs Of Noel Coward (BF sings I'll See You Again); (ii) Good Rockin' Tonight: The Legacy Of Sun Records (BF sings Don't Be Cruel).

(6) Roxy - On The Road Live DVD (Manchester Apollo '79; cover pic of BF in pink/red suit).

Clothing
(7) Roxy 2001 World Tour baseball cap. Slightly faded black with embroidered two-headed eagle logo (mainly silver & red) & adjustable rear clip; often worn (and much admired!), but the peak has retained its (downturned/duckbill) shape well.

(8) BF Dylanesque tour t-shirt (medium). Charcoal/black (no fading; this was the original colour) with full colour album cover design on front & 2007 Australia/NZ tour dates on back. Hardly worn, as too small for me (more comfortable up to 41" chest; measures 20.5" pit to pit).

(10) BF Dylanesque sweatshirt (large). Pale green with a full colour transfer of the CD cover (actual size, so quite small) in the middle of the chest. Sold to me on eBay as official merchandise from a stately homes gig, but I'm not convinced; will part with it anyway, as Mrs Smudge describes the colour as "unflattering" on me (it looked grey in the advert I saw...)! May fit XL too; measures 23" pit to pit, suggesting up to 46" chest. Hardly worn.

Tea/Coffee Mug
(11) Royal blue (think Glasgow Rangers, Chelsea etc. in football terms...) with Keep Calm And Listen To Roxy Music logo in white lettering. New & unused.

Post subject: Re: Roxy & BF memorabilia to go
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 pm 

Smudge, firstly, hope you ok and things went well. Again, what a gesture. I have much of what you have, but probably not as much. The item that interests me, is the mug. Some of the clothing merchandise I don't have, probably because they never manufactured them in size "obese".

I am aware of the "keep calm". mugs but have never witnessed them in Royal Blue. I do have a friend who would adore such a thing. She is a Glasgow Rangers supporter, Roxy daft, and a gem of a girl to boot. Hopefully, if still available, I would be happy to sort you out for that.

And, can someone please advise as to where the "keep calm" thing stems from? It's everywhere.

Cheers and thanks.

Gerry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm 

Quote:
And, can someone please advise as to where the "keep calm" thing stems from? It's everywhere.

..............it's the same with cupcakes........everywhere you look!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On

Keep Calm and Carry On was a propaganda poster produced by the Government of the United Kingdom in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the event of a Nazi invasion of Britain. It had only limited distribution, and thus was little known. The poster was rediscovered in 2000 and has been re-issued by a number of private companies, and used as the decorative theme for a range of products. It was believed there were only two known surviving examples of the poster outside government archives until a collection of 15 originals was brought in to the Antiques Roadshow in 2012 by the daughter of an ex-Royal Observer Corps member.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am 

Consider yourself "mugged", Gerry! ;)

Just text me the address (either yours or your friend's) you want it sent to and I'll get it in the post.

Everything else still available...