VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Roxy's festival tour
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am 

Do we reckon there'll ever be any more indoor gigs, or is this the last hurrah? Having trecked all around the country in 2001 I just can't get excited about standing miles back in some freezing field. I think they are a band who require a dark hall to creat the required sinister atmosphere.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:06 pm 

I agree - partly. I don't like huge crowds nor big fields either, but it also depends on which kind of festival they play on. I saw Roxy in Werchter and I saw Bryan in Lokeren,... what a huge difference! Lokeren is a small festival, no real mass audiences there, we were on front row and the sound was great! But I agree that generally indoor shows are better because the motivation of the listeners is different : if you go to see an artist performing indoors, you really go for him (or her), while on festivals much people just come for the ambiance and not for one artist or band in particular, and a lot of them are drunk :cry: But yet I'm incredibly pleased!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm 

Yeah, they`re just drunk. Can you believe it? Just for the ambience. Not real fans. Fooling around. I`ve had enough of it.-And they never appreciate new stuff from veteran artists...Just gimme the hits!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:12 am 

All great songs but it would be great to hear something different. But I can sympathise with the band.

I saw Bryan on the Frantic tour and heard a few people at the bar moaning that they had never heard of half the songs performed and why didnt he do more singles.

SO they have to cater for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am 

I'm always delighted when the setlist contains songs I never heard live before, but as you say, they have to play the well known tunes as well, or many people would be dissapointed. Not everyone going to a gig is such a die-hard fan that knows each song! Certainly on festivals it will be a rather 'mainstream' program, but the advantage of that is that it creates easily an enthousiastic atmosphere! So even if I hear 'do the strand' for the ....time, you won't here me complain... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 pm 

basumarpo 1610 wrote:

"All great songs but it would be great to hear something different. But I can sympathise with the band.

I saw Bryan on the Frantic tour and heard a few people at the bar moaning that they had never heard of half the songs performed and why didnt he do more singles.

SO they have to cater for everyone."

I think I`ve read this before, especially the people at the bar complaining about not having heard much of the songs before. Are we moving forward? I just have to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 am 

I always finding all type music and finally find at one place... Great sharing.. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 am 

I think the concerts this summer will partially match up to the ones played in small and dark venues.

He will be playing in Bruges this year, and I'm really looking forward to it, because that festival really suites the music. It's a small-sized festival that tries to pay a lot of attention to the music experience.
By the way, the venue in Bruges is simply very atmospherical!

And for example, I've been to the place he will be playing in Aarhus, and it must really be a great one to performe for Ferry.

So I guess the management has really thought about selecting the right places and venues to be playing. It'll be great to see him on some stage this summer!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 am 

If you can get in the first 10 rows it makes no difference at all. I've been at the front and I've been at the back and I will never see any band any further than row 10 again. If you can afford it , do it. Even if you have to buy your tickets from a tout.