VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy's festival tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:05 pm 

The big question is, who will be playing bass this time?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 am 

I'm not sure if the whole point is to sell the back catalogue. Then everyone's happy. The band and the punters. I can't see why we keep getting these reunion shows with a Greatest Hits CD released every time but with o new output. But putting that all aside, it would bea great opportunity to play forgotten stuff again. I think we w had Prairie Rose and Pyjamarama last time around and Street Life, More than this, For Your Pleasure and If there is Something in 2001. This time I would love to hear :

Beauty Queen
Chance Meeting ??
Amazona
A Really Good Time
The Thrill of it all ??
Just Another Hgh
Sentimental Fool ??
Still Falls the Rain
Spin Me Round
Flesh and Blood
No Strange Delight ??
Running Wild

I realise that we will get the old favourites which is understandable. I would keep about 8 old favs like Both ends Burning, Love is the Drug , Do the Strand, Dance Away, Oh Yeah, Avalon, Virginia Plain and Remake Remodel, and include another 12 forgotten ones. I would consider dropping Ladytron, Bogus Man, For your pleasure, Song for Europe, Mother of Pearl , Out of the Blue and definitely Tara. What have they got to lose ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am 

Yes, I can just imagine all those slow numbers you mention going down well in a field full of stoned/acid/e tripping idiots.

Here is a review from another forum, courtesy of Charlie Drake look-a-like Phil Burke, about the IOW festival 5 years ago.....
"and if it wasn't for the last 4 or 5 numbers, I swear they would possibly have been booed off.
There were many, many dissenting voices around us, and I'm ashamed to say, I couldn't blame them, not one bit."

I think this time they will get booed, Ferry is risking the reputation of the bands glorious history just because he has recorded a couple of embarrassing songs with a bunch of nobodies....what is he thinking of?

Someone is his camp has to tell him his voice has gone, if he can't make it sound good using studio techniques what chance has he got live?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:08 pm 

Mr. Rifff wrote:
Yes, I can just imagine all those slow numbers you mention going down well in a field full of stoned/acid/e tripping idiots.

Here is a review from another forum, courtesy of Charlie Drake look-a-like Phil Burke, about the IOW festival 5 years ago.....
"and if it wasn't for the last 4 or 5 numbers, I swear they would possibly have been booed off.
There were many, many dissenting voices around us, and I'm ashamed to say, I couldn't blame them, not one bit."

I think this time they will get booed, Ferry is risking the reputation of the bands glorious history just because he has recorded a couple of embarrassing songs with a bunch of nobodies....what is he thinking of?

Someone is his camp has to tell him his voice has gone, if he can't make it sound good using studio techniques what chance has he got live?

RM and acid seems a fine combination to me. If one attend a RM concert one doesn't expect them to do Sex Pistols covers, do you? I think you undersetimate the RM audiance, imo.

My suggestions:

Manifesto (always a welcomming warn-up tune)
Rain, rain , rain
The Bogus Man
Editions of You
Love is the Drug
End of the Line
My only love
Triptych (sic!)
Mother of Pearl
Bitter Sweet
While my heart's still beating

Extras:

Amazona
Song for Europe
Virgina Plain
Outro: Sultanesque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzPnz3nfqY

Let them remain "mysterious"
;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:23 pm 

I don't like to even my wit to people who speak/spell pidgin English, so...anyway, it wasn't the RM audiance (sic) I was undersetimate (sic) it was the other people in the crowd. How many Roxy fans does one think will be in attendance?
The last time Roxy were "mysterious" was in 1973.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:10 pm 

It being festivals, they'll be on for maybe 75 minutes tops so there will be no rare tracks dug up and as Mr. Rifff pointed out they aren't Roxy concerts for Roxy fans which is disappointing as that would be the only platform for less obvious songs to be played.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 pm 

Lists...

-My view is that Roxy doesn`t listen to wishes like this. I just hope that we don`t get three guitarists in queue and a lame bassist...
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:32 am 

I came accross this interesting Roxy/Bowie mashup - "Dance is the Drug" by DJ Lobsterdust.

insoles for flat feet

Last edited by onlinejack on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:55 am 

I hate out door gigs anyway ... and i'll be away to the far east over the summer for my hols and, as a result, won't be able to afford travelling anywhere else to see them.... unless they play Alexandra Park in Glasgow!.....Funny though -having seen footage from the last festivals of the umpteenth Do The Strand being rasped out after the umpteenth jealous guy .. I don't seem to be that bothered ....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:47 am 

Mr. Rifff wrote:
I don't like to even my wit to people who speak/spell pidgin English, so...anyway, it wasn't the RM audiance (sic) I was undersetimate (sic) it was the other people in the crowd. How many Roxy fans does one think will be in attendance?
The last time Roxy were "mysterious" was in 1973.

The RM "in-crowd" are those with the good spirit and a glimpse in their eyes.. and at least one outfit clothing of black, white or red (basic alchemical colors) ..dunno about the other blokes though..

Sorry Riff about the English, my native Sprache ist Deutsch, or Krautish if you like.. ;) 8-)

I just pretend to write in English. I use to be a great pretender.

Still I agree, I prefer pure Roxy Music concerts/gigs, but my experience with "the other blokes" on festivals is that they seem to like what they hear (and see, espescially the gals ;) ). And and for non-harcore fans or ignorants (espescially among the youngsters, like my daughter at 20, she's already a fan) they might as well be an eye or ear-opener, imo.

My wish-list may rest in peace..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next