VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Tour
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:11 am 

le freak wrote:
Hardrain wrote:

"Thats just cheap publicity for his next solo cd."

Do really Phil and Andy put up with this? I mean, rallying around for his next solo cd?

From what I've read during the past year Ferry will be using some of the Roxy tracks on his new solo CD, tracks that Phil and Andy contributed to so they'll want to be kept in the loop.
And then there's still the matter of (the possibility of) a Roxy CD, so it pays to keep their noses clean. Anyway, it's far more lucrative to be a part of Roxy Music that any of their individual endeavours.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:57 am 

Why all this negativism, sarcasm, irony? I thought this site was meant for fans. 2010 is a fantastic year; a tour and an album! I ask for nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:53 am 

found it!...... Roxy Music festival setlist 2005

Saturday 11th June 2005 Isle Of Wight Festival, England

Re-make/Re-model, Street Life, Out Of The Blue, Ladytron, A Song For Europe, Prairie Rose, Oh Yeah, My Only Love, Both Ends Burning, Tara, In Every Dreamhome A Heartache, Jealous Guy, Pyjamarama, Virginia Plain, Editions Of You, Love Is The Drug, Do The Strand.

it's a sobering thought that 'Avalon' was released 28 years ago this month...ie before most festival-goers were born! and that most 20 somethings have sadly never heard of Roxy music.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:47 am 

I agree Vildsvin!!! The Roxy tour is 9 years ago, I wouldn't mind if they play a similar setlist, although I do hope for some adaptations. Ofcourse it will be mainly 'hits', as they play on festivals, which means they have to please the whole audience, not just the die-hard-fans. And ofcourse they do it to gain money - would all those criticasters here perform for free, just for the art? Get real!!! Anyway, I go to Lokeren (Belgium), wished I had time and money to go to other performances as well!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 pm 

As a date as been announced for Roxy next year and given that the festival dates for this year finish in September I think we'll see quite a few cross overs in setlists and personnel (similar to the Roxy 2001 and later gigs and Ferry's frantic tour) if/or when Ferry announces dates for a solo tour to promote his new album. I take it that it is Ferry who says who the rest of the Roxy touring band will be.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:18 pm 

I'm sure as Ann Laenen says there will be the hits which non fans know. But I am hoping for something different in the setlist to 2001/2005/2006.

Anna Phoebe said in her interview '....I now have a little under a month to learn about 40 songs. Which will be whittled down to the ultimate festival set....'

Post subject: Re: The Tour - AUSTRALIA!
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:46 am 

Perth has been added and no doubt other Australian festivals will follow. The first is at a winery - very popular with the cashed up vino swilling over forty set. I'd say that Melbourne and Sydney will be announced soon. I hope Roxy do Brisbane - and in my wildest deams, my current home town, Gold Coast. Would love to hear Prairie Rose in the set list - I haven't heard it live since April '75!

Post subject: Re: The Tour "Strictly Confidential"
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 am 

"Counting the cost in money only
Strikes me as funny don't you know?"
-Lyrics from "Strictly Confidential" from "For Your Pleasure"
http://www.roxyrama.com/classic/lyrics/ ... tial.shtml

I don't understand what all the tallying of money is supposed to mean here. Of course, they'll get money, but that doesn't seem to be the only thing happening here! There is a lot of joy in being alive and still making music. Again, thank God, we still have these guys around. RIP Nick Drake, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am 

Raising the subject of money wasn't meant to be unduly negative. Just idle curiosity really. As an observation, though, I am genuinely surprised that the top echelon of acts (your Springsteens, Madonnas etc) obviously put such a high price on their time that they have to be out on the road for as short a time as possible, yet playing to the biggest crowds possible. I mean, what else do they have to do? Why not tour proper venues where people can see and actually feel part of things? Of course the answer is that punters are daft enough to pay a fortune to sit miles back in some awful arena. I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually dozens of Bruces and Madonnas touring the different continents at the same time (although someone might spot this!).

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:13 pm 

no comment on the rest of this post, except for the discussion re financials. i once had sight of a contract for a major summer outdoor gig. it stipulated gross revenue payments. the performer's costs (band, kit, roadies etc) were the performer's business, and would need to be deducted at the "supplier's" side. the gross fee had two components: a guaranteed fee and a box office ticket sales numbers related fee.
although i was not in a privileged position when i saw it...i nevertheless won't comment on it...except to say it was a very tidy sum.

PS it also stipulated a minimum number of old hits and current album songs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next