VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The sites are dead
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm 

Yeah, the band line-up!

exactly!... i don't understand why there is always such secrecy about all things Roxy/Ferry... what would be wrong about giving out details of the tour band?

why also this drip drip of information about the Roxy album? now Manzo and Mackay are teasing us again with their recent Reuters interview, saying that the album is still possible. Rhett Davies told me personally in 2005! that they had 10 tracks recorded which they were very pleased with.... Bryan says they were just messing around... it goes on!

surely by now anyone who was going to buy the Roxy back catalogue has done so!.... for me any new material good/bad/indifferent in whatever form would be welcome!

Post subject: Le Sigh...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 am 

I don't see why I have to justify my love for all things Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry on a ROXY MUSIC FAN SITE!

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but where I live in the U.S., most of the people I know I have only heard about Roxy, but have never actually heard their music.

I don't get why everyone is so down on Bryan Ferry's solo career. To me, his music get better and better with each listen. But, thank God, we're all free to listen to whatever we want.

However, yes, I am quite excited to hear about new projects. I am hoping the best for the tour and the album.

Post subject: Re: Le Sigh...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:50 am 

elshiva wrote:
I don't see why I have to justify my love for all things Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry on a ROXY MUSIC FAN SITE!

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but where I live in the U.S., most of the people I know I have only heard about Roxy, but have never actually heard their music.

I don't get why everyone is so down on Bryan Ferry's solo career. To me, his music get better and better with each listen. But, thank God, we're all free to listen to whatever we want.

However, yes, I am quite excited to hear about new projects. I am hoping the best for the tour and the album.

I tend to agree with you on that...

"I say potato , and you say potayto.." :D

Speaking of America. I think you are right on that notion, I spontanously remember one of the formers of early Roxy Music, David O'List and his 60'ties band "The Nice", which made a hit back in 1968, of Leonard Bernsteins' "America" from West Side Story. I found many of the "Prog-rock" bands in that era had a great sense of humor, many of them quite surrealistic/psychedelic.

Found two "Nice" pieces of David O'List from the sixties, and here's some info of a quite influential dude, probably well known to RM Senior Citizen Club.. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_O%27List

Keith Emerson left the band back in 1970, and formed ELP (along with Lake and Palmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45pIvr4gJD4

The B-side..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mhmw-xzqk

I'd like to see O'List among a future line-up. 8-)

Well just for the curiosity

Post subject: Thank you, St.Learraine.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:55 am 

Thanks for the links. I wish I could listen to them. The connection on my computer is so cheap it doesn't process youtube. I've tried the local library, but their youtube connection takes forever to load and then stops and starts.
Have you seen the Bryan Ferry 1977 concert on youtube where he was in Tokyo, Japan? He was touring for "In Your Mind" and he had Phil Manzanera, Chris Spedding, Paul Thompson, Paul Wetton, and Ann O'Dell. It's a great concert. In particularly excellent were versions of "Shame, Shame, Shame" and "In Your Mind." At the end of "In Your Mind" he turned his back on the audience and pointed his finger to the sky. "Like a finger pointing to the moon..." :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:29 pm 

Mad ticket price at Kaisafest:

I just thought I should see what the ticket price for the Roxy concert in Finland is. It said 169 EUR! That makes 139 GBP,or 205 US dollars!
:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:51 am 

Whow! That's for the happy few! If you compare with the price in Belgium (Lokeren).... that's incredible! It doesn't happen that often that I'm happy to live in Belgium, but this time I do!!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 am 

Mad ticket price at Kaisafest:
I just thought I should see what the ticket price for the Roxy concert in Finland is. It said 169 EUR! That makes 139 GBP,or 205 US dollars!
----------------------------------------------

Hi all, I just joined the club :o
Had to tell that the Helsinki tikettis must already have gone on sale, because last time I checked on songkick.com it was only 55 Euros for Roxy!

And T, I'm not quite dead yet, but maybe halvway OK ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 pm 

[quote="Quicksilver baby"]It said 169 EUR!

and 114 EUR for the drinks and backstage-pass..

8-) ;)