VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Barcelona Set List
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 am 
Site Owner

Thnaks to Monica, Juan Gomez and Rafa Rodriguez for sending the Barcelona set list.

Re-make/Re-model
Out Of The Blue
While My Heart Is Still Beating
If There Is Something
Ladytron
A Song For Europe
My Only Love
In Every Dream Home A Heartache
Jealous Guy
Virginia Plain
Love Is The Drug
Editions Of You
Do The Strand

Attachments:
Barcelona 2010 Set.JPG
Barcelona 2010 Set.JPG [ 170.27 KiB | Viewed 20383 times ]

Post subject: Re: Barcelona Set List
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:55 pm 

Eh? A show for newbees? :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 am 

What a disappointing set list, possibly the End of the Line for Roxy Music as we knew and admired them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 am 

What a boring set list for the die-hard fans, but not for the occassional one. They have to play the hits so about 7 of the songs had to be there but the rest could have been dropped and replaced. Why do they keep playing them ? We don't wanna hear them no more !! Play something different guys !! Even if it's only to keep yourselves interested on stage. I bet the band are bored too !! I wonder if Paul Thompson now wishes he never came back !! Aaaaaargh !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am 
Site Owner

The first 7 songs were not singles and the last 3 were not singles either. It's only 3 songs one after the other that were actually hit singles.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:22 am 

I was at the concert and although we can moan all we want about the set list, it was great to see them together again. This was a festival with a handful of fans and the majority of the people were there for others, so Roxy has to play the songs that people know which means the hits. Then there are the classics like A Song For Europe and Dream Home that have to be there.
I thought the band were having fun, Phil obviously enjoyed being in Spain, Paul was smiling alot and even Bryan looked at ease.
Ollie Thompson came out to do a couple to solos that were magnificent.
The fans at the front of the stage were enjoying the whole thing. I dont think they regretted going. I certainly didn't.
On the negative side there were 2 things, the sound, but that's expected when you can't do a full sound check and with dance music coming from the adjacent hall, and the limited time for the performance, they were given 1 hour and did 1 hour 15 mins.
I am expecting a better sound and longer set in Montreaux.

MB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 am 

When I say "The Hits" I include, Strand, Editions, Remake, and Dream Home. I realise they were never hit singles but they still form part of Roxy's Big Guns so they should be there along with any of the singles . I can accept that. But some of the other songs coulld be chopped and changed from tour to tour. Please ? Just for a change ? I'm sure most would jump out of their shoes if they heard Beauty Queen or All I want is you or Spim Me round or Chance meeting instead of Tara, Song For Europe, My Only Love and Out of The Blue !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am 
Site Owner

I agree non singles are crowd pleasers to die hards and to the non fan who listens to bands with an open mind and hearing these songs for the first time would like them.

I was at the Rock Ness festival near my home last weekend and heard a few bands I had never heard of but also Blondie, The Doves and a few others. I got the impression from most of the festival goers that they were there for the event rather than individual bands like I was I suppose. Blondie went down really well simply because most of the crowd new most of the songs she was singing and the uptempo songs were the best received by the crowd.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 pm 

Well, first of all: we are very lucky that Roxy Music are still alive! OK, a bit more different set list the to the 2001/2003/2005/2006 set list than it is right now, would have been nice... BUT didn't we all agree about how great the set list was in 2001? The years after, I consider being an extension of the 2001 reunion tour, with a few breaks of a few years. And they HAVE made some changes since 2005: The Bogus Man and Pyjamarama for example. If There Is Something was only played during the first five shows in 2001, after that it was dropped. I think it's great they're doing the song again! OK not the same as on Viva Roxy Music, but this current version still is very welcome to me! I watched some youtube videos of the Helsinki and Barcelona gigs, and as far as I can judge from these recordings: I think Bryan was in a very good voice, some of the "overplayed" songs were quite fresh because of some new and/or changed details, and the graphics on the big screen behind the band are very nice. Would be cool if they will be able to use this screen on the following festivals too. I think Andy was in good shape, and Phil and Paul were steady as always. Some new additional musicians who keep it fresh, among some appreciated familiar additional band members.
Why are so many people complaining? Let's be happy with this! The core band members being this fit on their ages and still going for it, let's just appreciate that!
I am really looking forward to see them in Lokeren (B), and if I can't get enough after that, I will head to Paris end of August as well.

Have a good one everybody.

Cheers,
Peter