VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Roxy Music Tour 2011
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:24 pm 

Sorry Smudge that you didn't get a good seat. I was surprised when I got 2 in block A. I'd booked through HMV. I was going to wait to see if any more dates were released. London is a fair trek from Anglesey, I'm originally from Liverpool and always enjoyed going back there to see Bryan Ferry when he's appeared there and was hoping that Roxy Music would perform there. I've really enjoyed the Summer Pops in the past. I've seen Roxy Music in Manchester but didn't like the venue, that's why I didn't want to go back there again, although it's nearer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm 

I take it all back (sort of), I got a seat in A1 so am pretty pleased (front row would have been better though!). After being a fan for 38 years I would have been pretty pissed off if I had not been able to get a good seat. There were still tickets left in A1 for several hours after I bought mine, so either the advertising has been poor, or Roxy are not as popular as I thought.

This will be my first trip to 02 as I've never managed to get good seat before I refuse to pay oodles of money for rubbish seats. Anyone know how things work there? Will security let you get up and go to the stage or is it like USA where they throw you out if you so much as blink? Are you OK taking pix?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 pm 

Have you seen how much people are selling tickets for on ebay?
Disgusting!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:55 pm 

It's about time they outlawed ticket touts, like in USA. The last government wwre talking about it but didn't do anything. They are the lowest of the low. Seen 'em in action in Qs a number of times and they take no prisoners. Even threatened me once.

Still reasonable tickets left for O2 anyway so no need to resort to touts yet. Maybe tomorrow after the extra publicity of being on Jonathan Ross.