VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: TICKET PRICE MADNESS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:16 pm 

I'd came across he tour details whilst idly browsing this site on Thursday evening. and it too me a while to commit to spending the money, hoping that this tour will be something special. I guess thes soft launch was rushed to tie in with the Ross show appearance, (disappointing for me).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:28 pm 

"when Bowie was last touring, members of Bowienet had the same facility"

Not quite true. I spent a fortune on tickets through Bowienet and some of the seats I and other fans got were pretty rubbish. I did get a couple of 1st or second rows, but not nearly enough considering the amount I was paying. I seem to recall in Helsinki (I think) we sat amongst a row of other very disgruntled Bowie fans some rows up at the side of the arena.

I do hear that some artists look after their loyal fans, but I never seem to like those artists.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:59 pm 

It's true the prices go up, as the concert length gets shorter and the setlist more predictable. Nottingham, Newcastle and Manchester arena's are all atmosphere free warehouses.
Think i may go on the night and buy ticket outside for £15-£20 venues won't be full looking at sales so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm 

NIJINSKY wrote:
It's true the prices go up, as the concert length gets shorter and the setlist more predictable. Nottingham, Newcastle and Manchester arena's are all atmosphere free warehouses.
Think i may go on the night and buy ticket outside for £15-£20 venues won't be full looking at sales so far.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 am 

EBay is a auction site. Because of this, all the items which are not sold have to be relisted. This may take lot of time. There are lot of people who have thought about making money out of selling tickets on eBay, so you may have numerous competitors. If some of them sell the same tickets as you for lower price, you will have to lower it too, in order to sell the tickets. This seriously affect your profit!

ebay tickets selling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 pm 

I suspect that Rhona29's post is "spam", as (a) most authors of such posts seem to have joined this forum only a couple of minutes before their first/only posting and (b) I find it hard to believe that anyone here need telling what eBay is. :roll:

However, as most will know, there are a couple of glaring inaccuracies: firstly, unsold eBay items do not have to be relisted; secondly, it may be primarily an auction site, but it also has a "Buy It Now" option for instant purchases.

It may therefore be possible to find and buy tickets for the remaining Roxy gigs; the bigger problem may be in finding away for payments to clear (cheques often take 4-5 days to credit unless both parties have accounts with the same banking chain; electronic bank transfers are quick, but can be expensive, although PayPal is quick and free to buyers) and tickets to be received (domestic Special Delivery costs £5-£6, but includes compensation cover and guaranteed next day delivery) in time.

My new RM friend in the Newcastle area overcame this problem by suggesting that I send her a store giftcard in payment for the Birmingham ticket that she was unable to use; it worked out perfectly! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:58 pm 

I have been struggling to shift my spare tickets for Nottingham for below what I paid for them and they are in the front block only 8 rows from the front.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:16 am 

I posted 2 spare tickets for Friday night's gig in Glasgow on the forum on Thursday night and within 2 hours had done the deal and exchanged tickets for cash. I just assumed that they would be in big demand and I wanted to make sure real fans got them (and didn't have to pay the disgraceful prices that were being asked on most of the ticket exchange websites) which is why I joined the forum.

Maybe I was lucky to move them on so quickly but there were people outside the venue trying to buy tickets on the night so I think the demand was definitely there.

I had no idea at the time that there was a concern about ticket sales and from what I could see the house was full on Friday. How have attendances been elsewhere? I haven't seen anything about this so have just presumed that everywhere has been a sell out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:45 am 

1 TICKET AVAILABLE FOR NOTTINGHAM ON WEDNESDAY, ROW M 1ST BLOCK BACK FROM STAGE (FBA) GREAT TICKET.
Mail me with offer ..not below £40 (facevalue is £55 inc booking fee) as already been offered this , collect on night.
Cheers,
Jay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am 

Avondale wrote:
I posted 2 spare tickets for Friday night's gig in Glasgow on the forum on Thursday night and within 2 hours had done the deal and exchanged tickets for cash. I just assumed that they would be in big demand and I wanted to make sure real fans got them (and didn't have to pay the disgraceful prices that were being asked on most of the ticket exchange websites) which is why I joined the forum.

Maybe I was lucky to move them on so quickly but there were people outside the venue trying to buy tickets on the night so I think the demand was definitely there.

I had no idea at the time that there was a concern about ticket sales and from what I could see the house was full on Friday. How have attendances been elsewhere? I haven't seen anything about this so have just presumed that everywhere has been a sell out

Tickets would always be in demend for the Glasgow date as the tickets were almost sold out within a few weeks of going on sale. It is only a 3,000 seater and the smallest venue on the tour hence two nights there. Tickets for the larger venues would take longer to shift I guess and the reason why they are still on sale.

Glasgow(x 2) - 6,000 seats
Manchester - 19,000 seats
Newcastle - 11,000 seats
Nottingham - 10,000 seats
Birmingham - 14,000 seats
London O2 - 23,000 seats

8-)