VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: For your pleasure 40th anniversary
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm 

With the 40th anniversary of FYP fast approaching, any news of the first Roxy album re-issue? How has BF'S change of record company affected the re-issues?

Post subject: Re: For your pleasure 40th anniversary
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am 

I think I remember reading (it might have been in the recent Ferry Q & A in Uncut) that the first 2 albums were being remastered and worked on, so what chance them both being reissued at once? Certainly Queen's recent re-release deal with Universal saw batches of albums re-issued at a time.

Although we've been led to believe that the Roxy re-releases might involve boxed sets with memorabilia (and hopefully live stuff, maybe outtakes?) unlike the Queen ones which were just the original album plus a meagre second disc of re-mixes and the occasional live version. If we're talking boxed sets then we're talking serious ££££s (or $$$$s) and I'm sure the lads know that we don't have endless funds :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm 

Let's hope the marketing/media/management gurus don't have too much say in the final release or we will definitely get a load of rubbish along the lines of remixes,photos and a box to put it all in. Something along the lines of the Avalon anniversary edition would be my worst nightmare come true. We want ,original recordings from 1972, outakes, TV appearances, DVDs,etc. Not Remixes and photgraphs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 am 

Any further news on the deluxe re-issue package of the first Roxy album and/or FYP John? Last we heard all of the hard work had been done by those concerned but it's all gone ominously quiet. Don't tell us this is going to suffer the same fate as the DVD of the 2011 FYP shows (the official site still showed it as coming soon when last I looked). Is this all caught up in record company (remember those?) restructuring and internal politics? With a new Ferry album hoped for prior to the autumn tour this would surely be an ideal gap in the timeframe for RM to get us to empty our wallets. Although mine is already approaching that state anyway :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm 

hear hear Ian!

I 2nd that emotion! Whoever manages RM's marketing dept. isn't doing a good job. I signed up to B's newsletter & get near to nothing on upcoming news or releases - nor as I've said before - do they reply to emails.

I think Bryan should come out of his ivory tower, or at least his management, to this forum and get a feel on what his real fans are talking about.

We can talk talk talk all we want, so I s'pose it's cathartic for us.

Even so, Spring is turning.....so that's something good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 am 
Site Owner

True2Life wrote:
Any further news on the deluxe re-issue package of the first Roxy album and/or FYP John? Last we heard all of the hard work had been done by those concerned but it's all gone ominously quiet. Don't tell us this is going to suffer the same fate as the DVD of the 2011 FYP shows :(

As far as I know and all I can say is that the record company change has delayed this. Time/money etc has been invested by the band in organising material that would potentially be used for any deluxe edition, so on this occasion it is not the band's fault.

J.O'B.