VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: One more thing about the set lists....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm 

Roxy fans need to hear those songs that helped to build the group reputation,some of them now forgotten by the band, such as , beauty queen , serenade,amazona,street life,.mother of pearl, ..and more recents as manifesto,over you,oh yeah ,,,
Playing live again these songs would be the best tribute for all life fans.,indeed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 pm 

I`m afraid an opening with Serenade or Prairie Rose is as unrealistic as an opening with Same Old Scene or Take A Chance With Me. For some strange reason, the songs we would like the most to hear, are the most unlikely ones to get played. We could wish till the cows come home, and we`ve done so for years and years.

The early Roxy stuff would only have received disapproving headshakes in the early 80s. "Move your angular music to another setting", people would have said.

Or in the mid 70s, it would have been like playing The Doors to an audience who only wanted Abba and The Bellamy Brothers (Let Your Love Flow, Let Fantasy Live(sic)), no further comparision, please.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 pm 

Dunno what you're on about le freak.
I just want to hear different Roxy songs live instead of hearing the same ones over and over again. Roxy only released about 80 songs so there's not that many to choose from. I personally think they should open with a belter of a song to get the crowd going. Some people like pre 1979, some people like post 1979. Some people like both. Just because it doesn't meet with your approval doesn't make me shallow or pompous. If anything, the reverse is true.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm 

:o I feel sorry if you`ve misunderstood me. What I meant was that it was shallow and pompous of Bryan to declare "This is Roxy Music" at a concert, in or between songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:23 pm 

blah , blah., blah.... all of you, if you can , just enjoy that the show .... but thanks, M. John. for reminding me they played Prairie Rose at the Koko.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:58 pm 

I'm sure we will enjoy the shows avalon eyes. Because we are still fans. But everyone has opinions and ideas. All some of us are saying is, give us something different guys.
Excite the fans. Or are you happy listening to the same stuff every tour. I think even the stage set is the same. If they care, they will, If they don't they won't.