VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: ANDY SPEAKS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:22 am 
Site Owner

Hard Rain wrote:
I'm very confused by all the statements lately.

It seems that the tracks aren't up to the Roxy standard but will be released by Ferry instead!

Have I/we just been insulted?

That would depend on how you view it. To my mind it seems some of the tracks were intended for a Ferry album originally and maybe BF thinks that Roxy songs should begin and end as Roxy songs and that the 9th Roxy Music album deserves that.

I don't think he thinks the material is not good enough for release maybe it just doesn't sound like Roxy and more like his own material.

I have read quotes by fans that Olympia is mostly old recordings that have been lying around for years but in fact form the 10 song album only You Can Dance and Alphaville come from the mid 90's Alphaville sessions. The other 8 songs are all new titles to my knowledge.

J.O'B.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:03 pm 

And even though I'm going thru a fed up with Ferry stage at the moment ... [ mainly cause of that video....]

I do think his point about showing respect to all the other people who had played on these tracks is a fair one . It'd be strange to say to these musicians that he'd scrapped their contribution to some past songs so that only Roxy could play on them ... Or have Roxy Music songs featuring all the other musicians in the background.

I'm still dumbfounded that Andy Mackay [ who's performing with Ferry just now] can't just ask if any of his playing is on Olympia ! All this "Andy speaks" stuff " just sounds childish .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 pm 

The bottom line seems to be that Andy put his foot down, and Bryan decided to make those songs a solo album instead of making lyrics to the proper Roxy tracks. Dysfunctionality in full bloom! If Andy had just provided some oboe and saxes, we would have had a Roxy Music album by now!

I know I`ve expressed meself in few words. I hope you see that this implies two Roxy albums instead of one.