VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: WANTED - FYP POSTER SIGNED O2 ARENA MONDAY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm 

Hi , Would like to know if someone could get me a FYP Poster signed by Roxy Music at the 02 on Monday night for me please.
Missed them on sale at Glasgow, sale price is £15
i would pay £20 plus P + P, can anybody help ?

Post subject: Re: WANTED - FYP POSTER SIGNED O2 ARENA MONDAY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:22 pm 

There is a listing for some on eBay if you don't get one elsewhere:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:11 am 

Interested (in a jealous kind of way!) to see that the Nottingham poster on eBay appears to be signed by Phil & Andy, as well as by BF (but possibly not by TGPT?).

The one I bought in Birmingham had only BF's signature, as did (as far as I could tell from other postings) those bought earlier in the tour.

Maybe newdavid25 could confirm (either here or via private message) whether he'd be happy with either version or if there is a preference.

I'll be sorely tempted to buy another for myself tomorrow if the O2 ones are fully signed, although I'd then have to hope I could retrieve the BF-only version from the picture framers I left it with on Sunday afternoon! :roll:

(I noticed eBay also offers a FYP album cover which claims to have been signed by the band (BF, Phil & TGPT, but not Andy?). However, the autograph attributed to BF looks nothing like any other signature of his I've ever seen. :? Anyone seen his signature from 35+ years ago and know if it's altered markedly over the years?)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 am 

The Bryan Ferry Story by Rex Balfour was published in 1976 and has a printed autograph which is almost identical to how he signs today, so I would be a bit dubious. I also have one from 1977 which is the same. So, be wary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 am 

Smudge wrote:
Interested (in a jealous kind of way!) to see that the Nottingham poster on eBay appears to be signed by Phil & Andy, as well as by BF (but possibly not by TGPT?).

The one I bought in Birmingham had only BF's signature, as did (as far as I could tell from other postings) those bought earlier in the tour.

Maybe newdavid25 could confirm (either here or via private message) whether he'd be happy with either version or if there is a preference.

I'll be sorely tempted to buy another for myself tomorrow if the O2 ones are fully signed, although I'd then have to hope I could retrieve the BF-only version from the picture framers I left it with on Sunday afternoon! :roll:

That is strange :? I missed the detail that your's only has BF signature on in our previous posts or I would have mentioned it then.

I got my poster at the first Glasgow concert, after the show. Mine has all four signatures on, BF, AM, PT & PM. Two other fans I know were looking at them but thought perhaps the signatures were printed on and the way the poster was displayed in the corner it did look like they were printed in gold to match the FYP image. I asked the lady selling the merchandise if they were printed and she confirmed they had been hand signed by the band. They had arrived blank and been taken away for the guys to sign then returned to the stand for selling. She took one out to show us and we thought it was too good a bargain to resist and we all bought one.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm 

Quote:
(I noticed eBay also offers a FYP album cover which claims to have been signed by the band (BF, Phil & TGPT, but not Andy?). However, the autograph attributed to BF looks nothing like any other signature of his I've ever seen. Anyone seen his signature from 35+ years ago and know if it's altered markedly over the years?)

If it is this one you mean:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Roxy-Music-Bryan- ... 2eb2f8b47b

I would be cautious, PM & PT look more odd than BF's signature. I think his signature has not changed that much but perhaps is a bit more spread out, not so neat and defined. Also, autographs I have seen before from around that time period tend to be written in standard biro ink rather than marker pen.

A copy of Bryan's signature from the very early days of Roxy below.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 pm 

So is the one on eBay genuine? I didn't see any signed posters for sale at the show. I have a few items that Bryan has signed at various concerts over the years, but would love to own a Roxy signed item.
Now the UK tour is all but over, is there a way of buying a signed poster from a reliable source?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm 

The ones on the ebay listing I posted above are genuine, the same ones which are on sale at the shows. The one pictured in the eBay listing looks like it only seems to have three band members on it though. I have sent a question to the seller to ask if it has 3 or 4 but not had a reply yet.

Perhaps when the tour is over they will be available for sale on the official website.

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 am 

Now the UK tour is all but over, is there a way of buying a signed poster from a reliable source?

I bought newdavid25 a poster at the O2 tonight (he's clearly a true fan, so we easily reached an agreement which doesn't necessitate his generous offer to pay extra...); as it was signed by Phil & Andy as well as Bryan, I couldn't resist buying one for myself too.

I am therefore willing to sell my first poster purchase from Birmingham, signed by BF only and numbered 26 of 150, for the original price of £15 plus postage & packing at cost.

I would assume that these will appreciate in value over the years, but I would rather think of it hanging on a true fan's wall than consider eBaying it for profit.

Expressions of interest welcomed!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 am 

Smudge, take it as done and dusted. I was fuming that I missed the poster at the First Glasgow gig. The people in the Roxy circle up here are aware i'm looking for one. It will be treasured and not moved on, and framed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next