VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: "Pace" Posters
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am 

Quote:
What kept you though? x

SB, It was a fluke that I saw this when looking for something else! I thought after seeing the picture that Smudge posted that this had to be the one. No bamboo chair but everything else matched up. Based on the "white socks" detail I think I have seen the full uncropped photo somewhere, not a poster but maybe and old book or magazine, I don't have it in my pc "cave".

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:05 am 

This is startin' tae rip ma nittin'. Since posting, am not completely convinced this is it. The bamboo chair you mention is throwing me still and were I offered a bet on it, I would say the Pace poster was photographed from his other side. Hmm. :?: I hope my one turns up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:46 am 
Site Owner

That's definately the poster SB, I have it somewhere up my attic. I have to lay my own slabs, so I will have a Look when I am finished.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:54 am 

I bet you 10 pence it's not. I kneeled down, every night for god knows how long in front of it, saying my prayer's and there's a bamboo chair in it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm 

SB - I vaguely remember a poster with a high backed bamboo chair. I don't think the background was as cluttered as the pic above either - possibly outdoors/poolside? Does that sound like it or am I imagining a hybrid of the cover for ATAP or Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and the the Emmanuelle poster from that period?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:04 pm 

Yes. A big high backed bow shaped bamboo chair, pic taken on his left hand side as you look at it. Tux, black trousers, and as stated, white socks and a cigarette. Definately the same attire, and hair do, as depicted in Roxy's latest picture only, as you rightly say, with less clutter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm 

Instead of looking on the net I should have looked at a book on my shelf, "Cult Rock Posters", page 26!! :roll:

Bryan Ferry, 1974 (Pace International,Holmes McDougall Ltd, Glasgow, 24 x 37 inches.)

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 pm 

That is looking spookily familiar, Roxy! :o

Had it not been for the certainty of others about the wicker or bamboo chair, I'd have assumed that my memory was playing tricks... I was right about the socks, but there's no sign of the cigarette packet, so I've only scored 1 out of 3 so far! :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm 

Okay, so we are still looking out for Bryan sat in one of these Peacock chairs:-

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:15 am 

Right, that's the same chair, a peacock chair, (you learn something every day). So, we have the right attire, hair do, white sox and a cigarette. Take out the clutter, remove his tie, give him a bow tie, photograph him from his other side, and that's it! Trust me. ;)

Interesting that "Pace" were based in Glasgow and Embra. Could never have told you that. Sadly, it would appear they went down the same tubes that they used to wrap their posters around.

See! It's still a mine of information.