VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy Music Mirror(s)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm 

One, in London, has appeared on e-bay, on a "buy-it-now", for just £250!

I have 2, one of which is out on "permanent loan" as it has ended up, and my first, purchased for £185 about 15 years ago, although it is the full size, real Mc Coy, wooden framed one. That was also advertised on e-bay with the location being "Newcastle Under Lyme - Collection Only". No bother, just down the road, must be the other side of Newcastle Upon Tyne, or near it, I thought. It was worth the 7 hour drive though.

I still can't believe I didn't buy one in '76. The morning I was in the late lamented "Listen Records" in Union Street buying Viva, the basement in there was wall to wall with all sorts and sizes of Roxy Music mirrors.

When did you get yours and, excuse my ignorance, were they ever on sale outside of the U.K? I seem to remember the price dropping quite alarmingly a few years back. I think my second was £80 ish.

Cheers. x

Post subject: Re: Roxy Music Mirror(s)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:07 pm 

I bought one in 76 in Listen Records and stupidly didn't hang on to it. Oh how I wish I had

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:10 pm 

I nearly weakened just recently, when there was one on eBay requiring collection from an Essex town where one of my mates lives.

It failed to sell at £100 or, when subsequently relisted, at £80; I think it finally went for £50 or £60. Good luck to the seller who thinks it'll fetch £250...

The problem is Mrs Smudge has warned me off more framed Roxy memorabilia (still trying to find the right place for the fully signed Siren cover). Also, she thinks (with some justification, I have to grudgingly admit) that I have my devotion to FYP pretty well covered, with the framed fully signed inside cover of the album sitting directly underneath the framed signed poster from the 2011 tour. ;)

Was it Oscar Wilde who said he could resist anything but temptation? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:24 pm 

Another one on eBay got up to £49 last week, but failed to reach its reserve price. The seller's reaction was to relist it with a Buy It Now price of £150!

The past few seem to have sold for £50-£70 on eBay, which is still a bit rich for my pocket, especially with Mrs Smudge muttering darkly about the amount of Roxy memorabilia already seeking wall space here... ;)

Best story I heard was from a fan who saw one at a car boot sale for a tenner, but haggled the seller down to a fiver! :o