VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What do you want for Christmas?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 pm 

I'll start with the 2011 DVD, CD or both...... and being greedy I will say a Roxy Music concert ticket for 2014. ;)

Post subject: Re: What do you want for Christmas?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm 

Couldn't agree more. If only ......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 pm 

I'll second those. And the "40th (ha ha) anniversary" deluxe version of the first album. Come to think of it, wasn't it 40 years ago that "Stranded" came out?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:31 pm 

Bob wrote:
I'll second those. And the "40th (ha ha) anniversary" deluxe version of the first album. Come to think of it, wasn't it 40 years ago that "Stranded" came out?

Almost.........................23rd November 1973! :)

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 pm 

Bootleg of the unreleased mother of pearl 2 (no, not the horoscope version...but an all new song...like San Simeon was the dream home 2). Shame this track doesn't exist.

If not, gimme a bootleg of any tracks from the next BF album.

If not that....please someone send me tapes/lossless audio files of the roxy sessions with bf/am/pm/be/tgpt/ thomas. Actually...these tapes would be my real Xmas present request....anyone?
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 pm 

A start on the series of deluxe 40th anniversary boxed sets would be nice. Or a DVD of the 1975 show from the Empire Pool, Wembley (although I'm hoping that might be in the deluxe Siren box...).

I suspect I'll just get socks, though! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:03 pm 

They really messed this up ! They missed the 40th anniversary of the first 2 albums and will probably miss Strandeds as well. Surely they can get something out for Siren in 2015 !!! The Wembley 1975 show on DVD would be fantastic. But deep down,I just know it wont happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am 

As J O'B has told us the delays for the release of the deluxe version of RM album one are down to record company (do they still exist?) re-organisations and not to the band themselves, at least on this occasion. I for one would very much like these deluxe editions to come out but it feels as though no one with the power to make them happen is sufficiently interested to do so. Understandably BF has his tour and new album to concentrate on so sadly it appears that doing justice to the RM back catalogue is not top of anyone's list of priorities in 2013. Unless anyone knows differently? What a shame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 pm 

I will settle for as much new material in 2014 as Bryan feels able to produce. I understand the 40 year milestones that are slowly slipping by - but at the end of the day what do dates really matter? As and when Bryan feels that he has exhausted his creative juices then I will be happy for the deluxe versions of the material to be released. Until then, I would rather that he focused on creating rather than regurgitating. More power to your elbow. Bryan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:59 am 

Gosh, don't we all want another 8 or 9 dub/dance/electronica remixes of Alphaville and Shameless! Oh but that is probably asking for waaay too much...

As an alternative, the only thing I would really be interested in would be hearing a bootleg of tracks from the 2005-06 Roxy recordings. That would be interesting indeed. Were they just a bunch of slapped together studio sessions without much focus? or were they actually well constructed songs that could readily be released without much extra work?

Couldn't this be something that Wikileaks works on in their spare time?? It could be distributed with the weekend edition of The Guardian. Hmmm. Maybe this idea isn't so crazy...