VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: pure greed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 pm 

as I said I paid £35 for Crowded House,check it out if you don't believe me.
Here's an example of value for money - I have tickets for Robin Trower £17.50, The brilliant (in my opinion) Jethro Tull £27.50, Ian Hunter £18.50 total £63.50. I rest my case!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 pm 

I paid about £75 to see Leonard Cohen at the O2 in 2008, a similar amount to what I'm paying to see Roxy there in 2011.

Leonard hadn't released any new music either.

I enjoyed Leonard and I am expecting to enjoy Roxy...never been disappointed in them.

It's your decision to buy a ticket or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 pm 

I agree Paddy. In my opinion.... they haven't toured for 10 years, there may not be many/any more tours in the future...... just got to go. I have never been disappointed with them over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 am 

This does seem to be the going rate unfortunately. I know some bands perform for a lot less, and you can get cheaper shows but Roxy are a huge touring band these days. The cost of transport, hotels, food, and performance fees all add up to a lot of money.And I agree, there may not be many tours left in them. I can see why some fans put up with it and why some won't. I'm just disappointed with the same set list, same stage design and same arrangements. Just seems to me that they are doing the bare minimum at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:17 pm 

Kiss are a huge touring band with a massive stage performance and I am sure have many people to pay to support their tour. £40 for tickets - sorry Roxy prices are not the 'going rate' and yes I am choosing not buy tickets for Roxy at 'in my view' such inflated prices.
Thats it from me bye bye all you happy chappies, spend well :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm 

Yes I was at a couple of the UK Kiss shows and they were amazing, I think the tickets were £43 which was great.
I see Tickets for Van Morrison's forthcoming Glasgow show are £82, including booking fee etc. and Sting's symphonic show are £98! So Roxy are not the worst.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 pm 

It's all very well jacking up the prices, but how will they feel playing to half empty arenas? Look at the ticket sites..............sales are incredibly slow. The punters ARE daft, but they aren't mad. The total lack of energy and interest from the band communicates itself to the paying public. They should get into a room and learn ten old, little played songs and then publicise this, and the venues would start to fill. And imagine if they said that the gigs would include the first performances of even two new Roxy tracks??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 am 

Whilst I agree that the ticket prices are extremely high, there is the small matter of a 12 member band to be paid this time around - fees, transport, hotel bills, wardrobe, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm 

Plus additionl technicians, sound engineers, stage crew, road crew, drivers etc. Do they not deserve to get decent pay for their services?

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:10 pm 

I forgot about the additional technicians, sound engineers, stage crew, road crew, drivers, etc - Thanks to "Roxy" who posted that reminder. Everyone must remember that they just don't pluck a figure out of thin air just to rip off the fans - there is a calculated reason for the current price of the ticket. Look at the other examples of ticket prices for other artists and bands within this "pure greed" thread, and I'm sure you'll now realise that the prices for Roxy Music 2011 are at the very least "reasonable".

Robert.
:D