VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lovebox Footage
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:56 am 

I don't know about the rest of you but I enjoyed watching the lovebox highlights last night- showing more of roxy than any1 else was a nice surprise!! But was confused with the song choices, especially the 6 minute My Only Love considering they had other acts to show (they missed off Ronson & Duran Duran's cameo!) could've shown 1 that got the crowd going a bit more.. Being my first actual Roxy show + managing to get to the front for most of the day, I couldn't help thinking what will they do with all that footage/audio?? I know nothing can compare to the live experience, and for the recording they seemed to have upped the vocals and muted a lot of instruments but I don't see why they would film every single act on the main stage and do hardly anything with it? A DVD of some sort would make them more money/pubicity.. I would do a hell of a lot to get hold of it!! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Lovebox Footage
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:00 pm 

I agree ! It seems such a waste. So much footage all lost. What happened to Wembley 1975, Manchester Apollo 1979, Paris 1980, Argentina 1994, London Sessions 2007, and more besides ! In terms of audo recordings, all the shows from the 2001 Tour were recorded as well. What about all the shows part broadcast on radio. The 1972 and 1973 radio broadcasts. What's gonna happen to al that.

Post subject: Re: Lovebox Footage
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 am 

Yep I saw an old tv show that showed some footage from the 75 show at Wembley- EOY sounded/looked really good! So I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything anywhere.. not even the bootleg.
Makes you think doesnt it, there are probably people keeping all this on a pile in some old cupboard while it gets dusty.. :lol: :(