VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: All I want.... Same old scene...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 pm 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgSzq5vZzIU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mE3U8ALwU

Post subject: Re: All I want.... Same old scene...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 am 

Perhaps the suggested rock feel of the forthcoming album and the new touring line-up may prompt Bryan to revive All I Want Is You in the set list? It is seemingly the forgotten Roxy hit single, after all. I have been campaigning for it for long enough now! :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 am 

I'm curious about Monsieur Windswepts reaction when he sees that BF is wearing Jeans in both videos plus a T-Shirt in the first ... hope Mrs. Windswept has the smelling salt ready ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am 

True2Life wrote:
Perhaps the suggested rock feel of the forthcoming album and the new touring line-up may prompt Bryan to revive All I Want Is You in the set list? It is seemingly the forgotten Roxy hit single, after all. I have been campaigning for it for long enough now! :?

I second that!! I don't know why it has been ignored for so long. Besides the 1972 TOTP debut of Virginia Plain, the performance of this track on TOTP in October 1974 is burned into my memory :) Complete with "special effects" :lol: This track always cheers me up when I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqDBkTJzTH4

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 am 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:
I'm curious about Monsieur Windswepts reaction when he sees that BF is wearing Jeans in both videos plus a T-Shirt in the first ... hope Mrs. Windswept has the smelling salt ready ...

Ahhh, but look at how he wears them LD!! ;)

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 am 

Roxy wrote:

Well, looking cool as always, of course 8-) I for one don't mind BF or anybody else wearing Jeans and T-Shirt, btw. In fact I wear Jeans and T-Shirt almost all the time. I'm just curious to see how WS2 will react ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Well, looking cool as always, of course 8-) I for one don't mind BF or anybody else wearing Jeans and T-Shirt, btw. In fact I wear Jeans and T-Shirt almost all the time. I'm just curious to see how WS2 will react ;)

Cher Lonely Dreamer,
I think that the indefatigable Roxy has made the most important point regarding this — "but look how he wears them".
I well remember when our hero launched his 'T' shirt affectation back in '72 with the album cover of 'TFT'.
At that time, a great friend of mine,who shall remain nameless — sadly he is now deceased-used to work on the door at Annabel's (Sunderland not Berkeley Square) and was so taken with the look he modelled himself completely on our hero - T shirt, gold chain, barnet et all and to his credit, he pulled it off.
Personally, I considered it rather an advanced art best left to the likes of Newman and McQueen and back then preferred the security of a well cut baroque velvet jacket on top of the look.
In retrospect, I don't think it was our hero's finest hour. He himself recently made comment to the effect of; 'I tried not to care for periods but looking back I always finished up regretting it'.
In short 'Lonely Dreamer', standards are there to be maintained and thankfully our hero is maturing more like Gregory Peck than Ronnie Wood!
But Roxology is a broad church — pass me the salts!
Regards,
Windswept

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:03 pm 

Hmm, I'd like to think so but I cannot forget the recent flirtation with white trainers, black corduroys and a brown tweed jacket! :o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm 

Dear Roxologists Windswept 2, Gary, Mrs. Lonely Dreamer and all the other contributors,

gentlemen don't wear brown, corduroy trousers, t-shirts or white trainers (former German Minister Of Foreign Affairs of the Green Party, Joschka Fischer, did wear white trainers during his inauguration - shocking :o !). But Bryan Ferry is an artist and he always played with his style. His fans were often one album (or tour) behind his masquerades (feather boa style instead of diner jacket grandeur).

The good news is that our hero could always afford this kind of " fashion circus" - because he was and is still a smart good looking gentleman. However, in the mid-70s, when he promoted his kind of Rhodesian farmer style with khaki colored suits and some remarkable mustaches I had serious doubts concerning his taste (and political ideas …).

But later in his career he refined his taste of dressing - so let him wear whatever he likes as long as he finishes his new album until September (and lets us all hear what he's recorded). D'accord?

Bon soir chèr(e)s Roxologists

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:19 pm 

pianoman wrote:

gentlemen don't wear brown, corduroy trousers, t-shirts or white trainers....

in the mid-70s, when he promoted his kind of Rhodesian farmer style with khaki colored suits and some remarkable mustaches I had serious doubts concerning his taste

Re first excellent observation:
I admit: strike on brown and t-shirts....but at least I don't do cord trousers nor white trainers :lol:

Re Rhodesian farmer (non)-chic: v v droll. Best description I've yet heard of that GI look :)