VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy in Paris, 1980
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:40 am 

Most of the BF & Roxy stuff that I have on old VHS video tapes can now be found online (e.g. Youtube etc.), but I'd never located a clean, watchable version of the half hour or so which was filmed in Paris on the F&B tour.

It was therefore a pleasant surprise to find that the broadcaster, INA, has made it available in its own online shop. :D

I must assume that it was broadcast in two episodes, as the clips are available separately: part one (Trash; Oh Yeah; Angel Eyes; Both Ends Burning) runs 18m27s; part two (Love Is The Drug; Over You; Eight Miles High; Do The Strand) is slightly shorter at 14m51s.

Both clips appear to be introduced by a youthful Antoine de Caunes, who later found passing fame (or infamy!) in the UK as presenter of Eurotrash! :lol:

Anyway, INA's shop currently offers both clips together for the reduced price of 2.99 euros. They can be downloaded, but I preferred to have them "burned" on to a DVD, for which service I paid a further 5 euros plus a very reasonable 4 euros for postage from France; so 12 euros (or almost exactly a tenner) in total.

I had to register as a customer, but this was very simple (a rudimentary knowledge of "schoolboy" French may assist...); orders are processed within 72 hours (3 working days, I guess) and the package reached London in two days, so within a week of the order being placed.

Needless to say, the quality is markedly better than VHS which had been copied from tape to tape a few times!

For those who may be interested, the link is http://boutique.ina.fr/video/art-et-cul ... ic.fr.html

Post subject: Re: Roxy in Paris, 1980
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:41 pm 

Excellent Smudge - thanks for the info and quite the bargain.

It probably goes without saying that if anyone lacks the requisite schoolboy knowledge of French our resident bilingual raconteur will be more than capable of intervening with his usual style and panache. :D