VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: RIP Roxy Music
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am 

I am unmoved. Unmoved by Phil`s utterings and ummoved by all your "negative" comments. Of course Phil would prefer to play with RM rather than with himself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 am 

Well of course he would rather play with Roxy, Phil will never attract the wide audience that Roxy always do. I can't help thinking that there is some hidden agenda behind all of this, why choose to speak out now? I don't believe this is quite the end somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 am 

Telling moment in the C4 News interview when Krishnan Guru-Murphy asks him about the Roxy 'split announcement'.

"i didn't make it, so it can't....." (Laughs nervously).

Can't be true?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 pm 

kleinhond wrote:
Telling moment in the C4 News interview when Krishnan Guru-Murphy asks him about the Roxy 'split announcement'.

Can't be true?

I sniggered a bit at that point

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:05 pm 

Richard wrote:
kleinhond wrote:

Can't be true?

I sniggered a bit at that point

Me too.

FWIW, I love Phil, but I don't always love his inferences re Roxy/Bryan etc (in this and similar contexts). Nobody, least of all BF has any obligation to restart Roxy, now or in the future. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, oh well....
I'm just really pleased that in the last few years I've seen Phil et al at Ronnie Scott's, Andy et al in La Pigalle, BF many, many times (in many great guises and venues)... Plus a pretty decent amount of material from all, when viewed collectively. Bry's latest Avondale things sounds really impressive to my ears! Love it; and I'd never have thought 30...40 years ago that that cool star in glitter/white tux on TOTP in '72/3 would still be doing cool music that thrills me, so many years on.

Last edited by RoxySiren on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am 

Aye, it's true... Phil has been a bit snippy about Bryan/Roxy in interviews.
Maybe there's a story behind all of that - perhaps more to do with EG Management or whoever.
I think Roxy Music is, rightfully, something of the past , now gone 30 years plus. Informally, let's accept that and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:36 pm 

I think the reason that PM and AM have been "snippy" to BF in recent years is simply that they believe he should finish what was started with the Roxy recordings of 2005-06.

Some people on this forum believe these recordings to be a few basic jam sessions with nothing really accomplished. But I don't think that PM and AM believe this to be the case. They consider the 2005-06 Roxy recordings to be quite accomplished and resent the fact that BF walked away from the project as it was entering its final phase of completing the album.

First it was Dylanesque, then Olympia, and now Avonmore that monopolized BF's attention. They resent that BF left the project incomplete and since then has sought to pretend that they really didn't do anything in 2005-06. There was a brief return of Roxy as a touring band in 2010-11 but this concluded with the FYP tour that seemed to leave everybody unhappy...

The recent Roxy Lite band mostly plays Roxy songs, which likely also irks PM and AM. But BF seems to enjoy the consternation he causes with his former bandmates...

Last edited by DCJ on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 pm 

As recent as 2012, during a question and answers session in Uncut, Andy actually put this question to Bryan "Any chance we can finish the album we started in 2006?" I can't remember what Bryan's response was though, perhaps someone on here can shed some light.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:28 pm 

Perhaps PM is just saying that Roxy is no loner Ferry's plaything to dump and pick up when ever he likes.

Without AM PM or TGPT it ain't Roxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:54 pm 

LondonPubs wrote:
As recent as 2012, during a question and answers session in Uncut, Andy actually put this question to Bryan "Any chance we can finish the album we started in 2006?" I can't remember what Bryan's response was though, perhaps someone on here can shed some light.

Bryan responded that he wasn`t excited by it. If they come up with something better, then maybe he`d change his mind. This is just about how the words went.

Anyway, I think it`s sad that Bryan just went away from the recordings in 2006 when everything was so close. -And delivered us Dylan covers instead! It borders to rudeness. But he could get away with it. To the world at large the whole thing looked quite normal. Only diehards saw the monstrosity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next