VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: RIP Roxy Music
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:30 pm 

an excerpt from Rolling Stone Magazine 03/2007

Since last summer, Roxy Music are also working on a new album: "We're still at an early stage, really," says Ferry. "None of the songs is really a song so far. At the moment there are only instrumental pieces. Some of Manzanera and me, others I have written alone, even Eno was a few days in the studio. We are still waiting for Mackays post, but it works about something else. "So far, Roxy Music was added in three different studios, some with "For Your Pleasure" producer Chris Thomas, some with Rhett Davis, who was responsible for "Avalon". But solo projects for the musicians apparently still first priority: "After that I started to work on 'Dylanesque', which completely took me to claim Manzanera this year will be busy with another David Gilmour album, and. I will also go with 'Dylanesque' on tour. so it will be a while before we continue working on the Roxy Music album. I'm curious to see how the proceeds, but I hope it will be good. "

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:30 pm 

a few weeks ago i have read that it is quite possible bryan holds, not obliging two pieces from the then record for completion. And who knows anything knows there is still in the pipeline. It was the first channel for years that he has spoken to the studio recordings. And as I interpret it, he feels quite have a positive feeling about the recordings made at that time. Who knows exactly what may come, but the statement of Bryan awaks in me the hope that Roxy is still alive. More than ever.

Post subject: Re: RIP Roxy Music -
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:43 am 

I do enjoy the intellectual contrast between the postings on this part of VivaRoxyMusic , compared with postings on the other strand, Viva (or not) Bryan Ferry.

Long may both continue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:27 pm 

This channel gives me a delightful picture of Miss Havisham in her faded glam gear holding fast for the return of her Roxy. He's living his life over on the other channel!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 pm 

Topiary wrote:
This channel gives me a delightful picture of Miss Havisham in her faded glam gear holding fast for the return of her Roxy. He's living his life over on the other channel!

Happy Hedonists,
Surely this must win our post of the year award!
Absolutely brilliant - Windswept spilt his coffee down his Anderson & Sheppard when he read this.
Bravo a Topiary,
Salutations,
W2