VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Album Reissues - 2015 Onwards - Extras
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:19 pm 

We have the possibilty of some dsort of box set reissues of the first two Roxy albums. I was thinking what extras might we get and what would we like?

1. Demo versions Ferry hawked around record compnaies
2. BBC sessions
3. Early version of Psalm
4. Stuff with Roger Bunn and Dexter Lloyd

That'll do for first album - over to you for anything else

XXXX

Post subject: Re: Album Reissues - 2015 Onwards - Extras
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:21 am 

That's great, that's what I reckon we can expect on the first album. Early demos definitely, like the slowed down version of 'Ladytron' that you can hear in the background on the 'More Than This' documentary.
For 'For Your Pleasure' it would be nice if it was padded out with the same. I wonder when they started recording their concerts, did they record this tour? We know that the tours for the next three albums were recorded as per 'Viva' so it would be nice to see some live material too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 pm 

From previous threads, when the deluxe boxed sets were first mentioned, I think the original demo and perhaps the BBC sessions (split across the first two boxes) might be a reasonable expectation.

As for DVDs, I doubt there will be much for the debut (unless there's more of the Royal College Of Art gig floating about), but FYP was out when the band appeared at the Golden Rose Of Montreux show and the organisers of the various Montreux festivals are reputed to have an archive of just about everything...

I guess it may boil down to cost, i.e. how much money would be needed to license any footage for inclusion in the box...

Any live stuff recorded by or for the band itself might be kept back for a deluxe Viva!, I guess (although Wembley '75 was apparently filmed and would fit nicely in the deluxe Siren...).

There must be some great unused artwork available for inclusion, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 pm 

So it has been announced that the Roxy Music reissues are out in January, although what is included on them I don't know. They are coming out as sacd editions, which judging by the 'Avalon' and 'Boys and Girls' we are in for a real treat. Anybody who is familiar with the recent King Crimson reissues will know how great the sound will be.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:48 pm 

These aren't the long promised 40th anniversary re-issues though are they? Just another boxed set of albums for the Japanese market?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:46 pm 

I think they may be more than that, well I hope they are. At least it will have the super audio layer which will make the music leap right out!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 am 

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... shm-sacds/

Three different presentations of each release (different packaging mainly) according to this usually reliable source. No extras though, so I will eagerly await the long-promised deluxe versions of RM & FYP instead.