VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vinyl Flashbacks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm 

I was able to buy Avonmore on vinyl and support my local indie store, Flashback Records, at the same time. :D Until recently, their two shops were either side of my home: one in Essex Road (near Islington Green) and the other in Crouch End.

However, they've opened a third shop: the new one claims to be in Shoreditch because that sounds more fashionable than the junction of Brick Lane & Bethnal Green Road. ;) However, the secondhand selection on both CD & LP is well worth a look for anyone in that part of London...

The vinyl department yesterday had two copies of the Manifesto picture disc (£5.99 & £7.99 from memory, although both looked in similar condition and nobody ever played picture vinyl anyway, as it was notorious for flaws; black vinyl copy for the turntable & picture disc to just admire!) and two also of 1977's Greatest Hits LP (£4.99 & £5.99, I think).

Also spotted a pair of copies of Phil's Diamond Head LP on original (pink rim) Island, which were cheap at £4.99. This album is as essential to any Roxy collection as Andy's Eddie Riff LP...

If anyone is missing any of these, I'll happily act as personal shopper on request, although UK postage would add a further £3 to the price (about £5 to Europe or £8 beyond...).

Post subject: Re: Vinyl Flashbacks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 pm 

and two also of 1977's Greatest Hits LP (£4.99 & £5.99, I think).

Reasonable prices! is the 8-LP Box set still available, do you know? is that of any value..I believe it was released around 1983...

thanks for the Indie Store tip..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:12 pm 

7 LP Box set available on ebay now
:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:11 pm 

Can't remember when I last saw the 7 LP box in a shop, StephenPep, but then there aren't many record shops any more! :(

I've seen one or two on eBay for £20-£30, but I don't know if they sold. The one currently on there is cheaper (£8 opening bid) because it's a bit damaged, but the postage is £13 because of its weight.

I guess its the weight/postage which makes them hard to sell other than in person (or in part-exchange over the counter of a local shop, where they still exist).