VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vinyl box set
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:42 am 

Well if I was a new fan wanting to purchase the vinyl, I certainly wouldn't want to spend £25 for each of them, any way in a world of downloads and disposable junk it's quite a nice thing. I can think of a clutch of pointless releases that suggest milking it more than this new one. 'The Ultimate Collection', 'Heart Still Beating', 'The Thrill Of It All' box set, which I'm sure most of us have bought. This is something a little more special.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:47 am 

DCJ wrote:
So where are those deluxe cd versions of the first two albums? Weren't they supposed to be somewhere in the pipeline?

They will definitely come. After the blu ray disc set of the Roxy studio albums including the Singapore single mix of 'Dance Away' and the Egypt extended 12'' remix of 'The Main Thing' in 2017. Oh, I forgot the Roxy vinyl box set including a Linn high end turntable (€ 2.999,-) in 2016 :lol: .

To be serious: Aren't there any Roxy outtakes from 1972 - 1982? Not a single song of the Roxy IX sessions that could be published? I can't believe that because that's what I would really like to buy ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:33 am 

How much more can they milk the old cow ?

this package may appeal to a younger generation, but may not be the great attraction for us, the loyal, die-hard Roxy fans aged 45+. I suppose we must accept that we are not the commercial targets anymore... we're not the in-crowd anymore I guess...

the only difference between this package and the one I own (bought way back when) is probably the layer of dust....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 pm 

I believe there is a growing number of people reverting back to vinyl so these releases are profitable and important to keeping the Roxy name in the forefront of the music buying consumers minds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:10 pm 

Well said, Tryptich!
it was a great year 2014 with a new album and a chain of concerts. Now we have a compilation of 180 g vinyls to look forward to and hopefully many shows. Not bad from a man who turns 70!
Salutations a tout le mond, Oberon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 pm 

Call me a cynic if you wish, but I don't think this reissue required a lot of thought or effort on BF's part. It's simply a vinyl version of the cd boxset released a couple of years back. Somebody at the record company had to put a bit of effort into it I guess, but not BF...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:34 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Well said, Tryptich!
it was a great year 2014 with a new album and a chain of concerts. Now we have a compilation of 180 g vinyls to look forward to and hopefully many shows. Not bad from a man who turns 70!
Salutations a tout le mond, Oberon

What a divergent point of view! This is what many posters at this thread are trying NOT TO SAY! "-look forward to"? You must be very young, or a Hi Fi enthusiast, buying this only to get barely audible difference.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 am 

To get the diehards to buy the same material yet again, you'd have thought they would have included the extra discs of b-sides etc. as a small consolation for the Roxy vinyl buffs... :o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:14 am 

Smudge.... that would mean another 8 vinyl records.

I'm happy with my CD box set and 40 year old Island vinyls , the records scratched to bits, unplayed ( as my player in storage) , the covers marked with blu-tack traces....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:40 am 

What a divergent point of view! This is what many posters at this thread are trying NOT TO SAY! "-look forward to"? You must be very young, or a Hi Fi enthusiast, buying this only to get barely audible difference.
Dear Le Freak

I do like to consider myself as very young! However I attended my first RM concert in 1973 so probably not considered young by today's standards. So I'm not young or a Hi Fi enthusiast and I will not be buying this set. All said was there is a market for it, so there is no harm in people being able to spend their hard earned cash on whatever they want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next