VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: WHEN EVERYTHING IS SAID AND DONE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:16 pm 

I understand what you mean, Ann. But the fact is that they all gave us the hope of a new Roxy Music album and that Bryan himself, after 2 years, decided that the songs were not suitable for a Roxy album.
I think it's a very bad thing to let fans hope so long and in vain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 pm 

Ann, I think the comments do come accross as negative but it's just desperate fans begging our heroes to put a bit of effort and imagination into their work. If not for us, then at least for themselves. I would love to see them perform at least 10 new songs next year, but sadly, I don't think that will happen. Is it wrong for a fan to feel let down ? If people didn't express their opinions, then nothing would ever change. We would still have no votes for women, slavery, communism, and more besides !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 am 

I can understand people being disappointed because there will no be roxy album after all, but I don't understand people complaining because there is an evolution in style and voice over the years. I said it many times before, if you want Bryan to sing the way he did in the 70ies you would totally ignore that peopel change, get older, get maturity, build up a life.. and whatelse! I just think a lot of those (sorry le freak!) are just frustrated and got stick into the past and say how good that was. If I would still be the same person as I was when I was 20, I would feel like if I hadn't grown. So : or get real, or get another life!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 am 

To me, Bryan sings better now than ever, and that is surely not a problem for me :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:37 pm 

So : or get real, or get another life!!!!
Is that your solution Ann ? Thank you. I'm quite happy for Roxy to never perform again or to never release another CD again. I'm quite happy with Bryan's voice as it is now and for them to grow old, bald, fat, ugly whatever. I do have other interests in my life. I just find them a bit lazy by just churning out the same songs since 2001 apart from the addition of Running Wild. Just my opinion, not an order.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:00 pm 

I don`t agree with you, Ann. To want people to sound like they once did is a legal matter. I take it as a proof of the rightness of my opinion when listeners so far says that some of the new album Olympia sounds like late period Roxy, which indeed is many years ago. In fact, there is hope this time that Bryan has finally put himself together. We`ve had enough of experiments. Just think of "Taxi". Was that Roxy, huh?

Just think of the fan base of The Rolling Stones. They live and breath in the hope that The Stones still will deliver and album in a vein just like in the old days. Neil Young still do that, and lucky his fans are, I presume.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:53 pm 

Ofcourse you can think whatever you can, le freak, we live in the west, where we can speak frankly about our thoughts - lucky! We don't need to agree, do we? I just couldn't spent so much energy on a man/band if I would critisize everything they did for the last decades, that's all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 pm 

Well, Ann, you`re missing a point. Don`t you know that we hate the persons we love? When I attended Bryan`s concert at Langesund in 2003, I exchanged some words with a woman. She soon said; "Why on earth are you here, then?

Of course, this is not an admission to go ahead and hate your husband...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 pm 
Site Owner

I have moved several posts in this thread as they are not in the spirit of this forum.

Please refrain from personal attacks on this forum.

Apologies to anyone who has been offended.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 pm 

Thanks JOB.