VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Where are the deluxe editions?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 am 

True2Life wrote:
Criminally, no DVD from the AEWBF shows from 2013 which I enjoyed far more than I expected to and count for me among the high points of Bryan's long and distinguished career.

Feather Boa Lovers,
Although Windswept feels your angst for de-luxe early Roxy, the great and ever articulate "True2Life" highlights the real crime of the century above!
Why this amazing fandango goes uncelebrated is one of the mysteries of modern times. A DVD/CD package a la 'Nuits de Fourviere' would have W2 whipping out his hard earned wonga quicker than you can say "What's her name, Virginia Plain?".
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 am 

Toronto Sun November 2014 :

Ferry has been incredibly prolific throughout the 2000s having released five studio albums in the last 14 years. He also reunited with Roxy for multiple tours but, surprisingly, despite reported recording sessions, no new music surfaced.

That could change, Ferry confirms.

"There are a couple of things lingering around out there that might be worth completing," he admits. "We'll see."

Maybe the deluxe edition is a combination of old and new material ? who knows ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:54 pm 

You can't blame anyone for making wild assumptions. The history of this band is strange to say the least.. So little information comes out officially. They break up and make up more times than Ive had hot dinners. Ok, That may be an exaggeration, I admit. They missed the boat so many times. The Wembley 1975 video should have been released years ago. Same with the Radio 1 recordings in 1972 and 1973, and the DVD from 2011. By the time anything comes out, its stale and only the diehards buy it. Is this release due to coincide with the 43rd anniversary ? Of course it is, everyone celebrates the 43rd anniversary !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 pm 

I feel artists such as Bryan and other big names just don't realise how much us older fans want these releases, to them maybe it's just something from the past and they would prefer sticking to making new music? but of course we do, I think we'll get these promised releases sooner rather than later, I myself spoke to Bryan a couple of times during the recent tour and he just laughed when I asked him about the deluxe edition's but in a good way then replied soon I promise!!! I believed him...So i'm very hopefull we will get our Deluxe's and possibly more soon...Fingers crossed anyhow! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 am 

@ For Your Pleasure

With regard to the Deluxe Edition I asked Bryan the same question and wanted to know what will still happen to the footage of Roxy (2005-2007). He smiled very polite and winked ... I thought I was one of the absolute duration of optimists with regard to Roxy, but my feeling tells me that something is coming out.

J.O.B. has communicated to the VRM website following: " In a recent interview while on tour in Germany he did mentioned after this tour he will be returning to his studio to continue working on new recordings, a hint of more albums to come".

I have this interview until now not found though I searched for hours. This does not mean that there is not an interview, but it's unusual because for years I all interviews of BF attend closely

Also following pm Author Topiary at JOB has me very puzzled and is difficult to classify:
"John, I'm sure Mr Ferry will be more than happy for you to share on his official forum, we promise not to share with anyone else."
All this creates a space for speculation...

Phil said last year "our job is done ".
Was it not an invitation to Bryan to comment the Roxy future ? Is not there even Bryan would announce the end of Roxy?
He is the head of the band.
And Bryan replied. He has teamed up with Roxy still kept open all options (see interview Toronto Sun in 11/2014: No new Music (Roxy!) surfaced. That could change, Ferry confirms "There are a couple of things lingering around out there that might be worth completing" he admits. "We'll see."

We all know from the past that nothing Bryan leaves no stone unturned to bring recordings and songs at the end. And there is certainly around even Roxy material ( old and new )about him.
Time is running out.

The chapter Roxy's not over - yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 am 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
As Hamlet said to Macbeth in the Merchant Of Venice " Oh ye of little faith"

J.O'B.

I think we all continue to have faith, but it is not blind faith and has been tested by many mis-steps over the years. The fact that we all continue to voice opinions, favourable or critical, about an artist in his 5th decade of music making should emphasise to Team Ferry that our comments are made with the best of intentions. It's when no one says a thing anymore that TF should be concerned as it means no one cares anymore.

If anything comments are made out of disappointment at the lost opportunites and open goals that have been missed by Bryan and Roxy over the years, when recordings or concert DVDs could have been released with minimum effort and much satisfaction for the faithful. Instead a deluxe version of Avonmore is released, a classic case of all style and little substance, for the same price as his old 70s rival Bowie charged for a 12-CD set of remastered albums from his golden years (and even then he was criticised that it cost £100).

Too many times there are hints and promises of delights to come, only to be followed by silence.

What a shame (Virginia Plain!) (to misquote the good W2).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 am 

It's no wonder everyone's doubtful, but you gotta live in hope, I myself have a very good feeling this time, so i'm staying positive and expecting good things to come :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:52 pm 

Feather Boa Wearers,

One of the reasons that W2 loves haunting this hallowed cyber hall is the absolute blind faith and unstinting adoration of his fellow ghosts.

Everybody here loves The Bonny Lad, it's just that they have their preferred 'Ferry' vintage and the longer and more diverse his career becomes (please God forever) the more varied those opinions are.

That said, when he is attacked by outsiders, the response is virulent.

A hapless idiot posted a very disingenuous review of our hero's recent fabulous Brighton concert on The Quietus. If Ferry was annoyed by the review (hopefully he didn't read it), he would have been mightily heartened if he'd scrolled down and read the comments from fans. Conversely, the idiotic reviewer probably felt like he'd been run over by a truck.

The message is simple. Devout Roxologists can, within reason, say what they want but if outsiders have a go at him we'll man (and woman) the barricades!

All Ferry is good Ferry (except IYLSE)

a bientôt,

Windswept

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:26 pm 

I just tracked down the recent Quietus review and, while no doubt being waaay over the top, I still laughed out loud (approvingly) at some of the author's observations.

When I saw BF a year ago his throat was in bad shape so I felt compelled to reassure myself that the gig was "OK" despite a terrible instrumental sound mix. But reading this review got me thinking that "Ferry World" is indeed a strange place and that as the years pass, things are not going to get better. Sigh. And as the years pass I'm not going to get better either. Tick tock, tick tock.

If he goes back into the studio and "records" another album (or resuscitates vocal tracks from the 90s for a new album) I'll probably buy it for old times sake. But based on his recent track record that won't be until 2017 at the earliest, and that seems like an eternity at this point.

Perhaps the fabled "deluxe" Roxy albums will prove of interest but who knows when that will happen. Maybe BF knows, but I sure don't. Tick tock, tick tock...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm 

"Oh ye of little faith"

Easy to say when you're a bit more in the loop than everyone else.

I'm not amongst the conspiracy theorists on this or any other topic but there is, of course, one way to circumvent this from the start which is don't put information out there until you're certain what's happening. In many respects the BF and RM machines are their own worst enemies - their respective histories are a litany of broken promises and missed deadlines. This isn't rocket science - don't blame fans for their impatience when you've given rise to the frustration to begin with. Simple.