VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm 

Interesting post on Phil's Facebook page:
A little feature for Classic Rock Magazine and some insight on my favourite work over the years, check it out ;)
The link is:
http://teamrock.com/feature/2015-03-31/ ... era-albums

:D But even more interesting is a reply by Phil to a query:
'Roxy box set coming,its brill 2017 ,45the anniversary.' :o :lol:

Finally CBW2!

Last edited by Manifesto on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:11 am 

We've been hearing "coming next year" for the last five years. I truly will believe it when I see it. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 am 

It's a fairly emphatic answer that he could have fudged if he wanted to, so I attach some credibility to it. That said, it's still a bit ethereal - '2017' means it's still 5-17 months away!
A 45th anniversary isn't quite the same milestone as 40 or 50 but that too makes some sense and gives everyone involved in promoting it a decent strapline.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:55 pm 

RN the album was first released in June 1972 so the 45th anniv is about 10 months from now. Hmmm. We'll just have to see what happens... Tick Tock Tick Tock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:06 pm 

As BF is now touring until at least June next year, can we presume the deluxe edition album will now be the second half of next year as he won't be around to promote any release? And will the '74 RAH live album which was to be released before christmas come first our has that now bitten the dust.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:22 am 

Although unlikely to purchase what is bound to be a very expensive product, I've always been interested in the unseen footage that must be around.

We've all been led to believe that all Roxy concerts have been filmed form the very off, so where is this footage?

Also, as the MacKay/Manzanera track that we were alerted to recently (the one that begins with a telephone conversation between Andy and Phil) proves, there is a great deal of off-stage/back-stage/hotel/travelling footage about. That would be very interesting.

When all said and done, it's the cognoscenti who will buy this, so they don't want the same old stock material we've all seen and heard a thousand times before.

I would hate to come on this site after it's release to read that the consensus was that this was a great opportunity missed. I think we deserve better...........don't you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:00 pm 
Site Owner

I am as disappointed as anyone here about the forever moving release date.

I proof read the booklet etc recently. I can't say too much but there is plenty unreleased and interesting material to be seen and heard for the first time with this release.

My (no more than a) guess is that it would tie in with the 45th anniversary

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 pm 

Thanks JO'B for your comment.

At this point I've stopped thinking about "when" the deluxe version of RM the Album will be released. It'll happen when it happens, and if I'm still alive I'll check it out and decide then whether it seems of much interest...

Based upon the age of the audience that attend BF's concert in Philly last summer (I was hard-pressed to perceive ANYONE who looked under 50 and most looked over 60) I'm not sure how much of a market there will be for the "Deluxe RM" - certainly it will generate some commercial interest but I doubt if the "millennial crowd" will get very excited. Perhaps it will play differently in Brit/Eur/Japan, but here in the States BF and RM have a very low profile among people under 50. Or at least that is my impression...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
I am as disappointed as anyone here about the forever moving release date.

I proof read the booklet etc recently. I can't say too much but there is plenty unreleased and interesting material to be seen and heard for the first time with this release.

My (no more than a) guess is that it would tie in with the 45th anniversary

J.O'B.

Releasing a deluxe version of this album in splendid isolation doesn't stack up. It would only make sense if all of the other albums (or at least the first 5) were lined up to be similarly released to coincide with the same milestone anniversary of their original release dates. I would love to think that this has been the rationale behind the 5 year delay in getting the first album out and that the others are going to follow in quick succession but there is as much chance of that happening as there is of Donald Trump becoming president of U.S.A...........oh, wait a minute !!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 pm 

There is obviously a problem in getting this out,. I would say that five years gestation is long enough to iron out any potential issues around content, packaging , rights and distribution.
The problem must lie at the heart of the venture - the album cannot be mastered to the standard required. It's already been re-mastered 3 times- , 1999, 2012 cd and 2015 vinyl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next