VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions - Roxy Music and the Scissor Sisters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:37 am 

Excerpt from the press ( In touch 07/2010):
Even the band Scissor Sisters had himself photographed in a similar pose in early 2006 and composed afterwards with Roxy Music a few previously unreleased tracks.
The dream of Scissor Sisters frontman Jake Shears participate on a RoxyMusic album, is finally fulfilled. Five years ago, Shears had written together with his bandmates Baby Daddy and Roxy Music Tracks. Never since a piece of it was published, the Scissor Sisters singer was assumed Ferry would have kicked the pieces in the garbage. Just a few days Shears learned, however, that actually one of the common written pieces will be heard on the planned Roxy Music reunion album. Jake Shears: "We thought that it never is what I then last week bumped into Bryan's son, and he told me that I have a song on the new Roxy Music-plate to come out in October .. what a a surprise! Roxy are one of my favorite bands. "
Questions: Is this the song Heartache By Numbers ( Ferry /Olympia)?
Are there other / more songs in the time of 2005/06 (co)produced with the Scissor Sisters and the members of Roxy which actually on the 9th Roxy album should have been released ?

Post subject: Re: Questions - Roxy Music and the Scissor Sisters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm 
Site Owner

I would think this is a bit of lazy journalism or that some people don't separate Bryan Ferry from Roxy Music.....how many times have you heard a DJ on the radio say "and that was More Than This by Bryan Ferry" or "that was Roxy Music with Slave To Love"

You will notice that was July 2010 and they refer to it coming out in October .......... the Olympia album. Was Jake Shears just looking for more kudos by reffering to it as Roxy Music?

There were a couple of Scissor Sisters co-writes, Heartache By Numbers being one of them and another one with a working title wasn't finished off

J.O'B.

P.S. Heartache By Numbers is a track I just never got to like no matter how many times I played it, though I know many fans have said it was the best track on Olympia.

Post subject: Re: Questions - Roxy Music and the Scissor Sisters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:47 pm 

Hello John,
Thanks again for the quick response and information. You`re the best one !!!
I dont`t like Heartache By Numbers too, it`s not Ferry like, for me Reason Or Rhyme is outstanding, the best Ferry song for decades.