Post subject: Re: Terrible ticket sales
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 pm 

its really a awesome information ,

thanks for sharing here ,

i gonna collect a ticket for me soon .................... :mrgreen:

Caribbean Property For Sale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:17 pm 

I've seen Roxy Music dozens of times since the first time I saw them at the Liverpool Boxing Stadium [supporting Nazareth I think!], and have watched them develop and grow, then implode. But I've never regarded them as a stadium band. They're too intimate a group for stadiums. And who wants to go to an arena to watch a video screen - you may as well stay home and watch a dvd!
A couple of nights in theatres [L'pool Empire/Manchester Apollo/N'castle City Hall etc etc at reasonable prices] is a far better bet --- but I guess $$$'s talk louder!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 pm 

Not THE Peter Leay is it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:56 am 

Graham B wrote:
Well if its any help, I have monitored the show that I am going to (Nottingham) and it looks like it is vitually sold out now. It has just taken a bit of time which is not surprising really as it can take a while for people to know about the tours. Let's not be so negative, I am just very happy to see them again and can't wait!

At last a positive blog , nice one Graham !!! What is wrong with everyone,call youself Roxy fans ??? Moan moan moan about lack of new material..lets face it Roxy is an icon,they dont need to produce new stuff, thats not what their very rare tours are about, real fans go to hear the innovative/influntial masterpieces they created in their Pre Avalon days. Ive waited nearly 10 years to see them together again,the last thing I want is to be standing there listening to songs Ive never heard before !
Yes tickets were way overpriced and the best seats sold to dealers but I havent seen them in 10 years AND I CANT WAIT...NEXT SUNDAY CANNOT COME QUICK ENOUGH..hope you have a great time Graham x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm 

Well, I am a huge fan, and I've still been very critical and I stand by what I say. I'm not looking for new material., I'm looking for an inspired performance, new arrangements, a different set, etc. Otherwise it's just a band going through the motions and not giving 100%. A good example is Dream Home. The arrangement and even the guitar solo is roughly the same as 1979, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2010. The versions on Viva and Bryan's duet with Jane Birkin are examples of what they can do with it if they tried a bit harder. Nobody's asking for obscure songs. Just drop OOTB, Song For Europe, Tara, My Only Love, Heart Still Beating, Oh Yeah which have been played to death and replace them with something like Beauty Queen or Chance Meeting or Serenade or All I want is You or Prairie Rose or A Really Good Time or Thrill of it all or Just Another High or Still Falls The Rain or Flesh + Blood etc. Or are you happy to hear the same stuff forever ? Just because somebody doesn't voice their disappointment doesn't mean that they are a bigger fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm 

Point taken Ian, I hear ya though yes I have to admit that i am one of those people who could listen to same old stuff year after year..if only they played that often....I'm a Taurean we don't like change : )