VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Art Of Roxy Music
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am 

Did anyone else here drop in to the O2 Bubble last Tuesday to listen to Nick de Ville's presentation? I was pleasantly surprised that it ran to 75 mins plus about 25 mins of Q&A.

It was interesting to see the early drafts of the first two album covers and to learn that some of the current merchandise logos (e.g. the eagle and the RM in a circle) date back to the Rainbow gigs from 1973 or 1974.

No great surprise to learn that BF had the final say on just about everything (i.e. music, artwork, fashion, stage set design etc.) from the outset. Interesting, though, that Nick implied (I think) that any idea of RM as anything other than a BF vehicle effectively died with the release of In Your Mind, prior to which BF's songwriting skills had been almost exclusively directed towards the group's releases.

One thing I didn't discover was whether there was any RM artwork displayed in The British Music Experience "museum". I only just arrived in time for Nick (is that what in the nick of time really means?!) and was then ushered out of the BME shop/venue only a few mins after his presentation ended. Pity if I missed anything, as it appears to have been a one day only event. Can anyone shed any light on this?