VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Roxy Music Deluxe
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:10 pm 

Oh I do admire your optimism True2Life and what you say is eminently sensible but then the BF / RM machine is a monument to lost opportunity! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:37 am 

Did'nt the News of the World give away a Roxy Music CD Compilation free-of-charge a couple of years back? , maybe they can step up and release their own Deluxe..(sorry just thinking out loud)

I am hanging on to Bryans quote that the Deluxe Album "will" come out later this year. Grammatically different than "might" "should" "maybe"...

Peaceful day to all....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:47 pm 

Based upon an earlier response (same subject, different thread) it sounds like the finished/available product will be amazing. Also, based upon the look of the Olympia hardback cd/dvd, I imagine that the Roxy Music and FYP will at least get that treatment (a good thing).

If Phil has said that the super deluxe editions of the first two are amazing, then the main remixing (5.1, etc.)by Steven Wilson has been done, and perhaps part of the delay may be in assembling and locating the supplemental elements.

Shelf space will certainly be made for both.

ps 1st post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:21 am 
Site Owner

Roberton wrote:
. Also, based upon the look of the Olympia hardback cd/dvd, I imagine that the Roxy Music and FYP will at least get that treatment (a good thing).

Welcome aboard Roberton.

I think you will find that the Avonmore Deluxe format is closer to what the Roxy one will be with large 12" book and 4 discs in card sleeves inside the cover.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:43 pm 

Hello, I have not posted much at all over here, but I have been following this thread with great intensity and sharing any updates on QuadraphonicQuad.com:
http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/ ... album-1972)-on-DVD-A-by-Steven-Wilson

What most people on that board are interested in is the Steven Wilson 5.1 surround sound mix, and a lot of people are hoping it will not be available just in the expensive deluxe edition box set but also as a separate Blu-Ray release too.

What do you know about any such plans?

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 pm 
Site Owner

rtroxyfan wrote:

What most people on that board are interested in is the Steven Wilson 5.1 surround sound mix, and a lot of people are hoping it will not be available just in the expensive deluxe edition box set but also as a separate Blu-Ray release too.

What do you know about any such plans?

Thanks! :)

I have only been involved in the deluxe edition and can't quote detail on its content at this point other than it will be very interesting and pleasing to fans of this era. It's been a long time coming but I am more confident now of this deluxe edition getting over the finishing line soon.

I know of no other plans as yet for any separate release for 5.1 etc.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:52 am 

Thanks for the update J.O'B - it does seem that at long last this may be not too far away. It has been a long wait but will be worth it I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:54 pm 

I'm convinced this is going to come out this autumn/winter time meaning an expensive end of the year!

Box sets by Bowie, David Gilmour, Stones, Who, Jam, Smiths, George Michael, Verve, Underworld and then probably some more to be announced before the festive buying period.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 am 

The wait. It continues.

(As he clears shelf space)