VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music - Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm 

It is amazing that, at this point, no official release date has been announced. So why back in August did BF drop notice into a published interview that the release of the Deluxe Edition would happen in November?

At this point it seems that a release oriented toward the "Xmas Market" is impossible given time constraints. So is it supposed to be a late winter/spring release? Tick Tock Tick Tock...

And what about BF's '74 Royal Albert Hall concert cd? Just wondering...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm 

Could the leaked copies on eBay have caused the delay? A similar leak years ago resulted in a Ferry box set being pulled and that never ended up seeing the light of day. Lets hope the same fate doesn't befall this product.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:37 am 

Dean wrote:
Could the leaked copies on eBay have caused the delay? A similar leak years ago resulted in a Ferry box set being pulled and that never ended up seeing the light of day. Lets hope the same fate doesn't befall this product.

Oh goodness, I hope something like that doesn't happen!
Knowing that there are Steven Wilson 5.1 surround and stereo remixes of this album is just killing me. I can't wait to hear them! He finished the remixing on this album 5 years ago!

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am 
Site Owner

News on this will be official and public soon. I know I have said this often but this time I know everything is in place ready for the official press/info etc. I am saying as much as I can at this point as it's not my place to say any more.

I would like to open a new thread on here once the deluxe edition is out so that we can talk about its content etc.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm 

Meanwhile over on FB - JO'B you're being a real tease... https://m.facebook.com/viva.roxymusic/
https://m.facebook.com/RoxyMusicDeluxe/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:43 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:

It’s not even the best album.

Isn’t it? I am not so sure!

If not then it runs FYP very close for that accolade and I can’t think of a better debut album.

I will snap the deluxe package up whenever it is released and no doubt it will be a treat but I still don’t understand the logic of putting this out in splendid isolation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 am 

Avondale wrote:
avalon_eyes wrote:

If not then it runs FYP very close for that accolade and I can’t think of a better debut album.

I will snap the deluxe package up whenever it is released and no doubt it will be a treat but I still don’t understand the logic of putting this out in splendid isolation

I use to subscribe to the FYP is their best album belief until only a couple of years ago. I now think that Country Life is Roxy Music at the very height of their powers, especially live at this time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:52 am 

Quote:
I now think that Country Life is Roxy Music at the very height of their powers

I agree. Musically and especially lyrically it's flawless. Ironically possibly their most underrated album too. It would be great if super deluxe editions could get this far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:21 pm 

Avondale wrote:
avalon_eyes wrote:

I love Roxy Music 1 because it's raw, hyper-creative, very varied and so much different from any other music at that time. But the best album i.m.h.o. is For Your Pleasure. Third Place is Siren, then Avalon. But of course, all Roxy is good Roxy as we all know. Except from Cry, Cry, Cry.

Still waiting for Deluxe :? .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:45 pm 

Favourite album is Siren - for all sorts of reasons; but I’m pretty certain that Country Life is the best album.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next