VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music - Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am 

Amazing.
This has only been available to pre-order for the better part of 1 day. Read numerous comments/gripes about the price, with most saying that they weren't going for the super deluxe edition. I thought about ordering before heading off to work. Certainly at this price, one of the 500 that come with the signed print will be available when I return from work ( a few hours later). Wrong. SOLD OUT.

After an initial mild freak-out, I proceeded thusly to the correct spot on the web page and ordered the (still available) super deluxe edition (sans signed print).

Whew! (as they say in cartoons and comics). I'll just eat less and walk to most places. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 am 

Finally, a release date has come to serve us...
However, such a pity it won't be for under the Christmas tree this year; I just looked forward to that moment...
But, I will keep my patience...
Some remarks I have to place here:
Why isn't the Steven Wilson remix on stereo cd not included??????
We already have the 1999 remaster.... Is it perhaps possible to play the surround mix on normal stereo, with the possibility to switch in the menu between the surround and stereo mix?????
The other Wilson remixes of Yes and XTC all include this....
I am most curious for the book and the film footage on dvd, but the price for the whole set is way to ridiculous!!!!!! Universal Music has way to much power in the whole event....
It reminds me of the box set of Deep Purple' s Made in Japan a few years ago, expensive too and not 100% up to fans expectations...
Having said that, looking forward to the release for so long, I will buy it anyway......
I am already dreaming of a similar deluxe set of my favourite album "Stranded".....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm 

There's often a disconnect between both 'official' & ordinary retail prices and pre-order and release date prices. The cost of this is already falling (eg Amazon UK £130) and will probably continue to do so. Keep an eye open for increasingly good deals between now and February.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 pm 

Now £130 at the official RM store.

https://roxymusic.tmstor.es/

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 pm 

The John Peel Sessions version of Virginia Plain is available on Spotify. It’s brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am 

German online shop jpc.de sells RM Super Deluxe as a Japanese import in SHM quality at 205,99 € :o . Hope I'll find a cheaper offer ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 am 

Hi Pianoman,

interesting article on the varying Prices:

http://mailchi.mp/superdeluxeedition/9april17-683869

Keep an eye on the the costs at Sounds, Haarlem, next door in Holland... I am confident they will offer this at a sensible Price

Best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

StephenPep wrote:
Keep an eye on the the costs at Sounds, Haarlem, next door in Holland... I am confident they will offer this at a sensible Price.

Thanks, StephenPep, very interesting. I'll definitely keep an eye on the costs of this package, because my girl-friend will certainly ask me about that and I'm afraid 206 € for 'a record' (!?) could create an intense relationship crisis or an appointment with the psychiatrist :lol: .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:34 am 

Ordered. Un-ordered. Re-ordered (a la PM, prior to temporary sell-out). Saving $ where I can. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9