VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music - Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am 
Site Owner

A release date has been confirmed, it's not my place to announce it yet but there will be a press release soon.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
A release date has been confirmed, it's not my place to announce it yet but there will be a press release soon.

J.O'B.

Excellent news after such a long wait and, by all accounts, a considerable amount of work put in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:03 pm 

I've always said I believe it when I hold it in my hands but the latest information of J.O'B sounds very promising 8-) . Viva Roxy forever !!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 pm 

It will interesting to see what kind of media promotion will accompany the release. The Big Question being how much Eno will be involved in the whole process.

If Eno takes a prominent role in the promotion it could really raise the profile of the release. Will Eno give any detailed interviews talking about the recording of RM the album? If so, that would be HUGE IMO!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 pm 

Cher DCJ,
I agree with you that the British dates probably is a new stage of the ongoing tour. The second half will be for the audience, so to speak, while the first one might present some surprises.
If this will be an ongoing circus à la Dylan, why complain? I am just so happy that our hero continues and I am sure it has little to do with money.
Finally, DCJ, even though I have nothing against Eno, who indeed seems to be a good man with sound opinions, why this enomania? Roxy Music, words & music: Bryan Ferry. Eno didn't write a single note for the band. Surely I will buy the deluxe&delightful edition myself, but how to restore the awful sound of that first record?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm 

Oberon:
My commentary regarding the value of Eno in regards to the promotion of the Deluxe edition simply relates to the fact that he is a HUGE name in Modern Pop Music Culture. Love him or hate him or stand somewhere in between, but Eno is someone who attracts attention.

Yes I agree that the sound quality of the album Roxy Music is hardly stellar, but that doesn't negate the fact that this is the first major recording (other than demos) that Eno can be heard on. And I suspect that such a fact can comprise a very valuable "hook" in terms of promoting the Deluxe edition to a much broader audience than die-hard Roxy fans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 am 

If they have resolved the sound quality of Roxy Music, that would be quite something, and worth the re-issue.
I have a 1999 remaster , a 2012 remaster and an unplayed vinyl remaster from the recent box set but I still have an interest ... anxiously awaiting the press release.

Post subject: Re: Roxy Music - Eno
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 am 

I know there’s an Eno web fan site, but it’s not as easy to navigate as this forum, I feel.
I really like Eno’s work , particularly his collaborations, and I sometimes wanna talk about it... any suggestions. .?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 am 

The press release has slipped a bit.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next