VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deluxe Edition - Roxy Music.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:14 pm 

As I said before I ordered my copy at jpc.de for 135 Euro (= 119,95 GBP). At the bottom of the site you can switch to English.

Shipping to UK: The lump sum is 3,99 € + surcharge per kg (proportional) 0,60 €.

If you ordered it and the price on 2/2 is lower, you pay less. If higher, you pay 135 EUR as agreed upon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

It has been already mentioned that there will be no Steve Wilson stereo mix included on RMSDE. Can anybody tell me how to convert the 5.1 mix into a stereo mix - possibly without losses in sound quality? Should I take my Marantz HiFi DVD player or rather the DVD player in my Mac? Thanks in advance, -p-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:11 pm 

And the good news is... From the March edition of Mojo -

'The ’71 session, recorded on Eno’s big Ferrograph machine, is a revelation. Fledgling takes of Ladytron, 2 H.B., Chance Meeting and The Bob (Medley) confirm Ferry as the dominant force. His voice already distinctive, his piano driving the material, this one-time Otis Redding wannabe was by 1971 a Gatsby inspired Peter Hammill. Around him, recent recruits oboe player Andy Mackay and synth man Eno experiment wildly. Once Graham Simpson’s bass tolls, 2 H.B. takes off on a jazz-rock tangent. Chance Meeting, with its Radha Krishna Temple-style finger-cymbal rhythm, is here more brown rice than Brief Encounter. Ladytron begins all VCS3 sinister then bows out sounding much like a Notting Hill squat party band.'

'Chance Meeting... is here more brown rice than Brief Encounter' Come on! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm 

It’s all there in Richard Williams’s essay, I guess.
Reviewers would feel like there is little else to add. ( plus they’re more likely to be mature milennials. They won’t know like we do. )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm 

I am on the east coast of the US and received notice today that my package was shipped Monday by DHL from Manchester UK.
Should be here by the week end I hope!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:07 pm 

amazon.com are now listing a price of $80.55 for the box set.
Now is the time to buy! It's great!

https://www.amazon.com/Roxy-Music-DVD-S ... 077Y965S9/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:21 pm 

Thanks for the heads up rtroxyfan.

I spotted you post and ordered my copy around 50 minutes after you posted. By then it had already gone up a bit to $88 ( which is circa £77 including P&P and tax). That’s around £53 down on current UK price tag so well worth the 12 day wait from release date until this drops through my door imho.

In the meantime I shall just have to make do with the 2 disc package which I picked up yesterday for a realistic £12.99 from my local HMV store.

PS - the super deluxe set is now back up to $160 on the site you pointed us to which, with add ons, takes it close to the £130 UK price - so timing appears to be everything

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 pm 

Posting this link to this thread rather than JO'B's new topic as it's still a fairly generic contribution, not directly linked to the SDE content. However it's an interesting, timely and not unconnected read.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42701623

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 am 

Not sure which thread to post this in but I have missed out on the 4 disc set and was wondering if any more will be made available. I guess that is one for J O’B.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:31 pm 

It appears that you can still get a copy at Amazon UK here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roxy-Music-Sup ... xe+edition

I have just ordered one. I had meant to do it before Christmas but never seemed to get around to it!

Good luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next