VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deluxe Edition - Roxy Music.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 am 

Now, if Bryan would throw in a complementary Smythson 'For Your Pleasure' note book, he would have W2's business in a heart beat. Notice Bryan that W2 says 'complementary' not 'free' - that makes it OK in the luxury goods business.

And better still if it was complimentary, as well as complementary? ;)

Wishing everyone here a cool yule!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 pm 

Happy Christmas to you, too, J.O'B., and thank you for running this website where I can communicate with Roxy fans in the whole world. And thank you to my fellow forum members for reading my posts.

- pm -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 pm 

Well, looking forward to Friday Feb 2nd next year so I can pick up my deluxe copy in person. I will try and avoid ordering on line as I don't want to risk damage in the post or a delay of a few days. I was very tempted by Phil's offer, but missed the boat now it appears temporary sold out. No doubt it will return at a higher rate or without the freebies.
The price is rather heavy, but I expect the package especially the book to be of the highest quality. I am monitoring the various offers on a regular basis as any saving will enhance my enjoyment and bank balance.
I have noticed a few omissions other than the aforementioned Numberer. The second Peel session from May with the mysterious Peter Paul on bass doesn't appear to have the version of Bitters End included. Also the In Concert from August omits Grey Lagoons (or Bogus Man Part 2) but I suppose this strictly belongs to the second album so I can understand that.
Just wondering if I'm right about Bitters End? I've seen it on the back of the CD BBC sessions bootleg but can't remember ever hearing it.

Happy New Year to one and all. Here's to 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 am 

We're at less than a month away (til it's released and shipped). Like others on here, I did not wish to risk a sellout (like what happened with boxsets by others), so I took the plunge.

But knowing myself, as soon as I have it in my hands I'll be drooling for the FYP boxset (and more).

8-) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm 

Hellzapoppin Hipsters,
Mon Dieu, imagine Windswept's consternation when he went to part with his hard earned wonga to discover that this holy grail was sold out on the Roxy Music site - there must be more 'Feather Boa Lovers' than we thought.
Happily *Amazona had some so, much to Mrs W's chagrin, Windswept has taken the plunge.
He did have to explain to her that this cost less than 5% of one of her handbags.
That said, hopefully our hero doesn't read this or he may see a pricing opportunity.
Salutations & Happy New Year,
Windswept.
* Smudge, please note, this is a play on words and not a spelling mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 pm 

I can't quite believe it's less than a month until the release of the RM deluxe edition, EEEK! At times I thought I'd never see it in my lifetime :D
The part I'm most looking forward to is the original demo tape - I've literally wanted to hear this for decades. I was always amazed that it never leaked out, considering that it was sent out to journalists and the like. I was surprised to learn that there are some tracks being held over until the re-issue of FYP, the thought of hearing versions of songs that weren't officially released until around 18 months later is too exciting for words.
So... does anybody know what the full track listing of the tape is? At the moment I know -

EARLY DEMOS April/May 71
Ladytron
2 HB
Chance Meeting
The Bob (Medley)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm 

Valerie_Please wrote:

So... does anybody know what the full track listing of the tape is? At the moment I know -

EARLY DEMOS April/May 71
Ladytron
2 HB
Chance Meeting
The Bob (Medley)

If I remember correctly also on the tape were 'Would You Believe' & 'Grey Lagoons' - the latter maybe being held back for a possible FYP deluxe edition? [Edit] - on second thoughts my memory might be playing tricks with me and 'Would You Believe' wasn't on the demo tape afer all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm 

Many thanks for the info - one track, if it's Grey Lagoons, is better than nothing. I hope it's worth the wait after so many years! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 pm 

Not wanting to risk a sellout, I've taken the plunge purchasing through Amazon Canada. With international shipping to the USA total is $105.27. The book intrigues me more than the audio content strangely enough.

I would recommend to all UK residents considering purchase through Amazon to look into the Amazon Canada option - the delivery time will likely take longer but the price difference is substantial (£68.13 list Amazon Canada vs. £129.99 list Amazon UK).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 pm 

There is a weekend offer on the Deluxe set here until mid day tomorrow:
https://www.platekompaniet.no/cd/roxy-m ... e-edition/

NOK 1290 is approx GBP 118.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next