VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy reunion?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:26 pm 

It seems that the interview was made before Andy cancelled the tour due to his hand-issues, which imho means that there will be no gigs, unless he does more surgery or there's a second sax player (Jorja) to play what he can't play anymore…….

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:47 am 

Andy is not terminally ill in the long run. And that's more than good for him but also for the Roxy community. He will certainly have been treated well by the doctor. And yes, of course, Jorja has already helped out at the 2011 tour and at RRHOF by adding the group.
I think and hope that the interview was actually conducted in February 2020.
If it had been otherwise, the management of Roxy would have spoken out and made it clear that everything is just a rumor ....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:28 pm 

Quote:
I would have thought there would have been a lot more reaction to this rumor. Very quiet

I just find it a bit hard to believe or get excited about, coming as it does so soon after the fairly damning Roxymphony sleeve notes. If they're anything to go by, the detached coolness exhibited on the 2011 tour would be positively permafrost by now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm 

UKRichard: I just find it a bit hard to believe or get excited about, coming as it does so soon after the fairly damning Roxymphony sleeve notes. If they're anything to go by, the detached coolness exhibited on the 2011 tour would be positively permafrost by now.

Your post is right to the point, UKRichard. There is nothing more to be said unless such a show really takes place - somewhere, someday, somehow ... :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:14 pm 

UKRichard wrote:
Quote:
I would have thought there would have been a lot more reaction to this rumor. Very quiet

I just find it a bit hard to believe or get excited about, coming as it does so soon after the fairly damning Roxymphony sleeve notes. If they're anything to go by, the detached coolness exhibited on the 2011 tour would be positively permafrost by now.

What was so damning in the sleeve notes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:47 pm 

It was clear that there would be tension in 2011. It was planned that the long-awaited Roxy album should be released in 2010 combined with the 40th anniversary tour in 2011. Nothing else stood for a moment on Phil Manzanera's HP. This contribution was then removed faster than it had previously appeared. Bryan chose his solo program Olympia and additionally used material that they had recorded in the studio sessions. Not a good prerequisite for a Roxy tour together. The chemistry simply couldn't fit. But it looks different now. Bryan doesn't seem to have anything in the pipeline anymore. Sure, he gives shows with his best of songs, Roxy music light, but he also knows that his musical creativity is drawing to a close. There is only one option left and that is Roxy. As it all started back then, it may also end.
I emailed everyone loves guitar when the interview with Neil Jason was done. If I get a reply I will tell you right here.
Roxy will always live in my heart no matter what will happen ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:09 pm 

I think he just confused Roxy and Bryan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:29 am 

Quote:
What was so damning in the sleeve notes?

I can't quote you chapter and verse Gary as my copy is on loan right now. However the notes are what triggered the 'End of my dream' thread on the forum and were scathing, albeit wrapped in a poetic dignity. There was also reference to the Hall of Fame being Roxy's final performance which seems a very deliberate choice of words and not something you'd say if you harboured even the remotest ambition that the band might perform together again one day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 am 

It may have very well been the last performance, but remember how heated the vibe was when the break after Siren took place?

So, to add even more confusion, here's an article from yesterday (ranking their albums). Scroll down to the first sentence under Avalon...

https://www.loudersound.com/features/ro ... CBV6cG7yWE

"upcoming new release"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:34 am 

I saw this yesterday, but I really didn`t care to post it. A word here and a word there can`t really mean anything significant anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next