Attachment:
Tour Case FBs.jpg
Tour Case FBs.jpg [ 79.99 KiB | Viewed 25335 times ]
Exciting News!!!

Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Roxy Music Tour Book
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am 

Brilliant news!!
A book by a real fan!!
So looking forward to getting my hands on this.
Thanks
Jocelyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:03 pm 

When is it available ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:08 pm 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
When is it available ?

Coming June 2022 according to the "label" in the picture, so a year still to wait. Would be interesting to have some more information, such as whether there is any input from the band members themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:56 pm 

This ought to be brilliant - a passionate, authorative writer and fan. Exactly what the band deserves.
Can't wait.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:46 pm 

Hi everyone. This is my very own personal journey with Roxy/members live in concert - 50 years in the making! It's a lux coffee table book of over 330 pages of my personal concert photography, memories, momentos and anecdotes. It covers the early 70s right up to Roxy's last performance at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. There's also a section on some pretty obscure solo gigs and a bit of a Holy Grail. When putting the book together, I suddenly realised it ranged from analogue to digital - starting with my amateur Kodak Instamatic (and red hot flash cubes), to my student days' Pentax Spotmatic, to my mate's borrowed professional Nikon rig, to trendy Canon Sureshots, then camera phones. It's a passionate, irreverent, cheeky homage. And a bit of a cultural time capsule. If you were there, it will bring memories flooding back, if you weren't, it will make you feel like you were.
Andy, Phil and Paul absolutely love it. I'll ask Bryan what he thinks of it when I give him his copy (I know he doesn't endorse other people's work, nor would I expect him to), but when I gave him a portfolio of some of the prints to view on tour last year, he thought they were "amazing". Plus, he tried the keep them.
So there we are for now. It's out for Roxy's 50th Anniversary in June 2022. On TITAN BOOKS - famed as the home of Marvel, that should make Antony Price VERY happy! I'll post more info and a link to pre-order as soon as Amazon makes one available, which is usually about 9 months before the publishing date. I'll be back late September/ early October to unveil the book's title, it's cover and a link then. I'm so thrilled, I doubt I'll sleep for a year. Thanks for the interest. xx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 pm 

Cher Bobby,

Bravo !

This looks like a veritable smorgasbord of goodies. Put Windswept down for a signed copy. He is indecently excited by this venture.

W2 has never been one for taking photographs having always preferred to be in the moment. That said, he’s delighted you’ve done his work for him and he won’t sleep until he has it in his sweaty little paws.

A truly magnificent development.

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:20 am 

Congratulations Jocelyn, sorry 'Bobby', can't wait to see the fruits of your lifelong devotion to Roxy Music.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Hope to see you again soon,

Stabbs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm 

Cher Windswept and M. Stabbs,
Thanks for your very kind words. As a teenager I used to have nightmares about turning up to see Roxy without my camera. As the book exposes, I was a charlatan even back then, blagging my way into photographer's pits nationwide with a fake press pass (one of which you can see in the ad for the book.) That coupled with the old Geordie charm/smarm (to which Mr O'B could attest, I'll just say Kremlin) and I got away with blue murder! It's all there in the book. Such great fun looking back on it all. I can't wait for you all to relive it with me.
Jocelyn
x
(I'm only Bobby at weekends, but that's a whole other book.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:58 pm 

bobby moncur wrote:
Cher Windswept and M. Stabbs,
Thanks for your very kind words. As a teenager I used to have nightmares about turning up to see Roxy without my camera. As the book exposes, I was a charlatan even back then, blagging my way into photographer's pits nationwide with a fake press pass (one of which you can see in the ad for the book.) That coupled with the old Geordie charm/smarm (to which Mr O'B could attest, I'll just say Kremlin) and I got away with blue murder! It's all there in the book. Such great fun looking back on it all. I can't wait for you all to relive it with me.
Jocelyn
x
(I'm only Bobby at weekends, but that's a whole other book.)

That dark haired, combed back quiff much take some doing just for two days Jocelyn? :lol: