VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ollie Thompson
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:51 am 

Just to let folk here know that I bumped into Ollie last week, when he played a short solo set at Camden Assembly (a little 200 capacity room which was formerly known as Barfly).

He played solo in the truest sense, i.e. just man and guitars, with a few pedals and effects. He played for less than half an hour, but his guitarwork was well up to scratch, even if the sound mix rather swamped the couple of vocal songs.

After the One Eleven support gigs on BF's March 2020 mini tour of the UK, Covid forced Ollie and vocalist Fyah to seek refuge in their respective family homes in the west country. That project currently remains on hold.

Since moving back to London Ollie has apparently played some small gigs in a mate's band, while rehearsing his own music; I'm pretty sure that Camden was the first gig under his own name (a reversion to Ollie Forrest) for quite some time.

During our post-gig chat over a beer it was clear that Ollie still enjoys playing BF's music, when asked (I seem to recall him doing some corporates a while back, just before the world went crazy...), but remains committed to his own music first and foremost.

For the record, it didn't seem appropriate to ask whether we might yet see Ollie back in BF's band. He's a well mannered young man, so I suspect he might have said that he'd worry about that if or when the invitation is extended! ;)

It's nice to have him back in circulation, though. :)