VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music LP Vinyl Re-issues.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:06 pm 
Site Owner

March 2015...

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/news.php?n=495

J.O'B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:10 am 

Wow.

No wonder it seems familiar...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:32 am 

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a repack/remarketing of a very similar previous product.
Like many , I was really hoping for something new, given their 50th and that they are all still alive(not like others). That, and the news from PM a few months back that he and BF were working on new tracks, we would get something new, at a minimum under a "BF solo label". But a repack of albums that, maybe, only collectors will buy? Surely there is More Than This ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:55 am 

But what does the Roxy community expect? A new album, a small tour?

Roxy Music is history. They wrote this impressively themselves for ten years from 1972 to 1982. But for fourty years they have been basking in the light of the exciting times and getting paid well for it.

After the Avalon tour in 1983 it would have been better to break up the band completely instead of keeping the door open for a comeback without ever seriously wanting to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:22 am 
Site Owner

I am sure there will be more to come this year as we are only half way through February so I would not be surprised if there is more to be announced..

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:38 am 

21 years ago this very day Roxy Music announced their reunion world tour .. so there’s another tease.

As regards the album reissues I had not realised the 2015 box set contained the Miles Showell re-masters., and I read somewhere a day or so ago that that he had completed them in 2014.
And with the lyrics book being published, I sense a campaign coming.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:23 am 

Thanks John !

I had hoped for such a reaction...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:10 pm 

I'd like to hear an enlarged VIVA! boxset with a wide selection of live recordings from the 1973-75 era.

I also wouldn't mind hearing SOMETHING from the 2005/06 Roxy studio sessions as well as live recordings from the last Roxy mini-tour in 2011.

I don't expect anything "new" from Roxy recorded in the past few years. But i don't want to hear anything more about Flat Masters, or Half Speed Masters, or Blah Blah Blah Masters of material that was originally released 40+ years ago. Enough already.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:36 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Chers amis!
J´ai une question; is there any difference between these 50 anniverstity records to the ones in the 8 box the other year - in terms of sound & design?
I´ve been listening to Frantic this evening. Many good songs, like Cruel, Hiroshima, Fool to love, I thought... one just have to avoid the dreadful Goodnight Irene.
Will Bryan ever tour again?
Salutations à tous!

Cher Oberon,
En ce qui concerne l’audio - W2 doubts there is a difference.
It might be possible to find a shaolin monk who will tell you that the bass is slightly better on ‘Love Is The Drug’ providing they are played on a Vertere SG-1 supergroove at a sound level of -12 decibel and the listener is stoned out of his mind on Morroco’s finest - that would be about the sum total of it - for us mere mortals I fear not.
Regarding Frantic, W2 est completement d’accord avec toi. It is a fine album and mentioning it has created the appetite to make it tonight’s listen.
As to wether our hero will tour again ?
Mon ami, this is the six million dollar question. Windswept hopes so but when he exited the RAH in March ‘20, he did feel the hand of fait on his shoulder telling him this might be the last fandango mais, qui sait?
Certainly getting that band back together, rehearsing them and overcoming all the bureaucracy created by our exit from the EU will require a significant amount of work. Has Geordie’s Favourite Son got the inclination and energy for all of that ? In truth W2 suspects a lot depends on his health which hopefully is still great.
Nous verrons ce que nous verrons
Salutations,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:30 pm 

Cher Oberon,
W2 was thinking about the touring issue and had a further reflection.
Bryan has had the same management (including tour manager) for a long time and they won’t be getting any younger.
Starting out with a new squad is always difficult particularly when they don’t know your foibles and it wouldn’t surprise W2 if the continuity of his key team didn’t play a part in future decisions.
That said Windswept will continue to pray to the ‘Penshaw Gods’ for more Fandangos.
Salutations,
W2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next