VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music LP Vinyl Re-issues.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 pm 

Mes Amis,

W2 est sure que Oberon et lui-meme are not the only ones concerned about the lack of news from camp Ferry.

Nobody wants to encroach on his privacy but the last stupendous fandango at TRAH is now more than two years ago and the silence since is deafening.

W2 prays to the Penshaw Gods that all is well and if team Ferry could see their way clear to send a smoke signal it would be greatly
appreciated.

Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:25 pm 

For god's sake: leave the man alone...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:55 am 

Sentimental Fool wrote:
For god's sake: leave the man alone...

Although this is my first post, I have followed the forum for a couple years.
Mostly because I enjoyed the exchanges between W2, Oberon and the other leading lights.
I am one of the many younger fans who came to the music through his dad and have been lucky enough to attend a few great concerts with him and can fully understand fans’ concerns for the well-being of an icon who is more or less their own age. They know that as you get older stuff happens and are merely enquiring if he is OK.
There is nothing remotely bad about that. It’s not intrusive. It’s merely a sign of love.
So why this outburst?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am 

I think we have got somewhat spoilt in recent years by year-in year-out Ferry touring, and so the radio silence has come as a bit of a shock to us all. Strange to think now but for much of the 80s and early 90s Bryan was a studio creature, locked away for an eternity in his studios creating his masterpieces with live appearances few and far between and scarcely a public utterance.

Times have changed however. It will be a year this Saturday (March 19th) since Team Ferry called off all prospect of any live shows in 2021 but with the promise to announce new dates when it was felt safe to do so. Other acts of his vintage, notably the Stones, are dipping a tentative toe in the water of live performances again, no doubt conscious of the ticking of the clock. Perhaps the Ferry/Roxy camp are keeping their powder dry in advance of some form of celebration of Roxy's 50th. I would like to hope so. For if there is no next time, where to go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm 

Cher Winswept,

"That said, when considering ‘what else’ W2 gets a bit stuck.
Personally he would probably have liked a high quality coffee table memento but maybe there is more in the pipe ?"

Your wish is my command!
The deluxe and delightful edition of Roxy Live: Under Exposed is now both signed off by my publishers and personally signed by Andy, Phil, Paul and myself. I declined to ask Bryan to sign as I didn't want to miss the deadline!
Coming in it's own hand-made slipcase and additionally bearing two fabulous high quality art works designed specifically for the project.
There will only be 100 copies, so you best be quick, hurry up...

I will post content images and a link to buy as soon as I get it.

Oh, the thrill of it all!
xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:08 pm 

MeOhMy and True2Life both make good points. W2's comments are, I'm certain, made out of genuine concern and nothing else.

Live music is, slowly, returning to something resembling normal but re-arranged dates mean slots for new tours are as rare as hen's teeth. That even assumes our hero has even contemplated a return to the circuit yet. Furthermore, much as everyone seems to think to the contrary, the pandemic is far from over with UK cases and hospitalisations once again on the rise.

All that said, we live in the information / Internet age and if that medium is good enough to flog books and re-released vinyl, it's also good enough, cheap enough and easy enough to throw out an occasional crumb not directly linked to product, surely?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm 

UKRichard wrote:

Live music is, slowly, returning to something resembling normal but re-arranged dates mean slots for new tours are as rare as hen's teeth.

They are indeed, Richard. I remember reading that the Royal Albert Hall, seemingly one of Bryan's favoured venues by now, saying before they re-opened that they had enough bookings lined up to last for 3 years.

Our webmaster has, if I understood him correctly, dangled the tentative carrot that with much of the anniversary year remaining perhaps something more appealing than the "thin gruel" (copyright WS2) of the vinyl remasters may yet delight us this year.

I wonder whether anything as commercially minded as announcing a Farewell Tour would ever be done by Bryan? I rather suspect that one day we would all just notice that he didn't seem to be touring anymore. There has been no formal announcement re Roxy, just the various members implying that they believed their work together was done. It would be good if we had an opportunity for them to take their bow and for us to thank them and emphasise to them all how much pleasure their music has given us.

Last edited by True2Life on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:00 pm 

Welcome to the board MeOhMy - it's always good to see new and younger posters on here who have discovered Roxy and Ferry in recent times.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:24 pm 

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but there's words and images from the forthcoming Roxy Live: Under Exposed book listing on Amazon, looks wonderful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:27 pm 

Quote:
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but there's words and images from the forthcoming Roxy Live: Under Exposed book listing on Amazon, looks wonderful.

Indeed it does Black Cat. Not sure if this one has had a mention yet - new on me:
Roxy Music in the 1970s (Decades) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1789521807/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_FHXJAHADA3YAN53BNM0G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next