VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2022 Set list
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:41 am 

I know it’s way too soon to be thinking about a set list for the tour but I thought it would be interesting to see what people think about an opener and finisher for the tour (plus other songs they would like to hear played.)

I think Virginia Plain would be a great opener - I know it’s normally kept for the encore but imagine the opening chords starting up to begin the show! The crowd would be straight up on their feet!

As a finisher I think Avalon would be fitting - although it’s not as upbeat as normal songs to end with. The lyrics “Now the party’s over” would be fitting as I think we all assume this will be the end of Roxy. Also with the sad news about Yanick Etienne it would be great if they played her vocals maybe against a backdrop of images/video from throughout the years.

Other songs in the set list I think we’ll get the usual handful of greatest hits but I would love a good selection from the debut album to the Siren album. Even if they are toned down a bit to suit Bryan’s vocals these days.

Whatever the set list I’m just so glad that they are playing again and can’t wait until we see them!

Post subject: Re: 2022 Set list
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:32 am 

The first time I saw Roxy live was in 1974. They opened with Prairie Rose and the old Apollo Glasgow took off. A repeat of that would do me. I would love All I Want is You to be part of the set. Quite a big hit in 1974 and to my knowledge it has never been played live since the Country Life tour which is a shame.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:33 am 

Oh and I forgot to add I think they will end with For Your Pleasure so we can all wave tara one last time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:37 am 

Check John O'Brien's tour listings.
Prairie Rose was played at the KOKO club gig in London in 2005.

I'm fairly sure some punters don't want a repeat of the 2001 and 2011 set lists, but I think that will happen its a greatest hits farewell - plus the standards from Ferry's Roxy Tribute band - 2014 -2020. And note the fact that the tour is aimed mainly at the North American audiences - wasn't his last tour there named ' featuring songs from Avalon'?
Expect :-
While my Heart
The Main Thing
More than this
Out of the Blue
Editions of You
Dance Away
Oh Yeah and,
VP. , Drug, Strand, and Jealous Guy.

Do Not Expect :-

Sea Breezes
Grey Lagoons
Mother of Pearl
Strictly Confidential
She Sells
Manifesto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:44 am 

I've always loved Re-Make/Re-Model as an opener (I think someone confirmed that it used to open their very first shows too?) and FYP worked well as a closer last time, although they may go for something more upbeat, like DTS or EOY (although, please, not Jealous Guy).

While the news about Yannick was very sad, I don't favour the inclusion of her recorded vocals (what next? A hologram of Eno, like Olivier in "Time" many years ago?! ;) ).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:46 pm 

Prairie Rose, A Really Good Time and it’ll never happen, but Your Applications Failed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:58 am 

I know Prairie Rose has bee played on a few tours since 1974, 2011 for instance. I was referring to All I Want Is You.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:59 pm 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
I know Prairie Rose has been played on a few tours since 1974, 2011 for instance. I was referring to All I Want Is You.

I have bored people to death for many years on here about the lack of All I Want Is You in Roxy/Ferry setlists. A sizeable hit single, at least in the UK, yet not a sign of it. Clearly he must dislike it or it would surely have made the occasional appearance over the last forty-odd years.

Would love for Manifesto to make an appearance but suspect it will be mostly a greatest hits set to please the many, with only a few rarities thrown in to please the faithful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:01 pm 

What about à new song? :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:39 pm 

jeanjean wrote:
What about à new song? :D

Now that would be a fablous surprise