VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Approaching The Tour
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:01 am 

As we get closer to the tour do we think we will see any tv promos from the band? Surely they’ll do something together before launching into the tour.

Also not seen any word yet on a UK support act - unless I’ve totally missed it?

Post subject: Re: Approaching The Tour
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:42 pm 

Anyone have any idea who the ticket sales are going?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:23 pm 

A few days ago I checked the websites to see the ticket availability for some of the US Roxy gigs and there were still a whole lot of tickets available. Granted these are pretty big arenas and significant tix have been sold, but I'd estimate that sales are still below 50% of capacity.

Seems to me that it would be helpful if something significant was done to spark interest. It's probably too much to expect that some new Roxy songs/recording could be released. but re-releasing remasters of the Roxy catalog will not be enough to get anybody excited IMHO. And new solo recordings from BF and PM are nice, but won't do much to move the needle on Roxy ticket sales methinks...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:04 pm 

Like you, I was hoping for some new material as well, perhaps even some sort of EP. Not sure how many times I want to hear Love Is The Drug, Jealous Guy, Avalon, etc. I'm sure the "greatest hits" have to be and will be played, but some more lesser played tracks would be great. Strictly Confidential and Your Application's Failed would be a couple of my choices.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:29 am 

DCJ wrote:
A few days ago I checked the websites to see the ticket availability for some of the US Roxy gigs and there were still a whole lot of tickets available. Granted these are pretty big arenas and significant tix have been sold, but I'd estimate that sales are still below 50% of capacity.

Seems to me that it would be helpful if something significant was done to spark interest.

I agree with you. Not a word from the band, no new picture of the band, no website, no new material… We are in 2022, not in 1981 !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:42 pm 

If you go to Ticketmaster site you can look at each of the USA dates and see the seats available/sold. NY and Chicago are "best" at maybe at 50%, but look at Boston, the 2 shows in Texas, DC, etc. they appear at best 30% sold. I said many weeks ago and still think that they need to consolidate these dates into fewer shows. The interest to date is just not there and the seat pricing is at or above much larger acts. Who is promoter, and how did they sell these dates and pricing to the band?
Would be better for all, band and fans, to have booked much smaller better acoustic venues and have sell outs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 pm 

Just saw a great little clip/pastiche promoting both the tour and the 50th anniversary of the debut (if you follow bryanferry_roxymusic over on instagram and its on facebook too).

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:59 am 

DCJ wrote:

Seems to me that it would be helpful if something significant was done to spark interest. It's probably too much to expect that some new Roxy songs/recording could be released. but re-releasing remasters of the Roxy catalog will not be enough to get anybody excited IMHO. And new solo recordings from BF and PM are nice, but won't do much to move the needle on Roxy ticket sales methinks...

It wouldn't be the first time that a concert promoter has canceled a band or artist's tour due to low ticket sales.

Let's see how it all develops. I immediately had great concerns that the large venues could be filled with concert-goers even close to covering their costs.

The fact that they won't be using any new material certainly doesn't make things any easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:41 am 
Site Owner

Are some of these arenas not 'flexible' in that they have to put a back curtain in and section the area off according to ticket sales?

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:33 am 

But there are still plenty of places available in Glasgow
and Manchester.

Ticket sales in London are good.

I think that they imagined it differently, especially since it will certainly be the last time that they will be on stage together as Roxy Music. After the show in London's O2 Arena, it will certainly be publicly announced.

The end of Roxy.

And it makes sense too.