VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The voices of anticipation are silent now.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:32 pm 

This interview from Billboard on 22/7/2022 by Bryan and Phil is entitled 'A lot of mutual respect'.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/ro ... 235116965/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:13 am 

Good to hear several mentions of "Manifesto" the track of late. If we get that live at the O2 then I shall go home a very happy bunny.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:51 pm 

This recent selection of BF's fave Roxy tracks surely gives some clues as to what we can expect on the forthcoming tour:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0018qgt

There's more to it than just the 10 tracks listed too btw so defo worth a listen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:22 pm 

Very interesting posts in this thread, thank you. And once again we are discussing the magic number 9: Roxy's lost album that will probably never see the light of day. Now we know that Andy definitely refused to "roxyfy" semi-finished songs from Bryan. And so much more information on #9 we read before.

Well, I really do think that Roxy Music actually owe(d) this album to their fans! But I also know that Bryan Ferry had no inspirations, no vibes, no ideas for lyrics and most likely didn't want to produce another album with the band he founded. That's the truth.

And yes, BF's perfectionism ... But: There were/are so many musicians and bands in their 60s or even 70s who released or regularly release new albums - very often not their worst if you regard their whole career (Paul Mc Cartney, Stones, the late Bowie, Eric Clapton, Sting, Ray Davies, Bruce Springsteen and so many others)

But it's rather futile to talk about this #9 phantom - I don't believe that it will be finished during my lifetime (I'm 63 now). So I wait and wonder what this unexpected Roxy year will bring us in its second half ... I wish the best to the band and hope to get a DVD/BluRay set of their last hurrah - thanks in advance!

- p - :oops: :roll: 8-) (just a mix of my emotions)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:12 pm 

Hi everyone,

It’s so depressing. Out of some weird loyalty I have tickets for Manchester and London, but I cannot fathom the total lack of communication. There’s been the half-baked thing about tracks but, with vast canyons of empty seats looming in the US, why can’t they do a bit more.

In the last few weeks I have seen ABC, the Rolling Stones and the Bootleg Beatles. All great shows. ABC and the BBs with huge orchestras and obvious effort. The Stones, just incredible given their age, and so available to interviewers etc.

It seems to have become an article of faith now to BF that he won’t give anything unless he’s actually on stage. You do despair for his Roxy band mates.